• Tweets

• Hello, I have an old Capital One credit card debt under £1500 for which I've been paying £1 a month for 5+ years. I did a CCA request to Lowell and received the original signed CA plus statements from date of inception to the end of 2019. I can see from the statements that no payments were credited to the account for all of 2019. I know payments were made as they were part of my DMP with Payplan. At the time the account was with Fredrickson.  They have not provided any statements from 2020 to present and I am writing to them to request these. So I'm sure the balance they are pursuing is incorrect - can I dispute the debt amount based on this and render it unenforceable? I've trawled the forums and Google searched but can't find an answer, so apologies if it's been asked before. Any input most appreciated, thank you :-)  
    • Thank you for your comments everyone. I have spoken to Ico about recording my phone calls for my personal use and also mentioned it to a law firm they said i was ok as long as it was not shared and for my personal use. I would never share it. I can easy prove i need to record on disability grounds.. I normally make videos how i am to document my conditions and how i am affected. I have in the past obtained a phone call to doctors to reception by GDPR. Normally I have my partner with me now. The only way i found is to have a advocate with me. even with my partner with me a trainee gp seen a short video and said in front of my partner “are they voluntary or involuntary”   
    • LOL LOL ‘Stormy weather’: Biden skewers Trump at White House correspondents’ dinner | US elections 2024 | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM US president made fun of Republican frontrunner’s legal woes while critics of his handling of Gaza war protested outside  
    • LOL   Inside the Home Office Rwanda revolt as officials run from Sunak’s ‘s**t show’ INEWS.CO.UK 'This law is unworkable, not just inhumane'. Insiders say there is 'a lot of discontent' in the Department over the scheme   
    • wonder if sunak will revoke/deny their passports when they get there? Then announce that deportations to Rwanda have started ..
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New, please could you help me?

skintnomore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello fellow Nationwide Customers!! I'm new to this and would really appreciate some help!

I started to pursue a claim on my own as I didn't discover this site until a few days ago.

I wrote to Nationwide on the 16th of May asking for copies of my statements and paid £10 for a large folder. I worked out my charges came to £523 but I have not added any interest onto this sum. I wrote to Nationwide on the 24th of June, thanking them for forwarding on my statements and asked nicely for them to refund me the sum of £523.

I recieved a reply from Danielle Gee on the 5th of July with the usual fob-off and saying that if I feel that I cannot abide by their terms & comditions, regrettably it may be appropriate for me to consider alternative banking arrangments! Hmmmm!!

I replied to that letter on the 8th of July with a letter saying that if I did not hear from them in 7 days, I would pursue the matter with the courts.

I found your site and think I should have maybe given them 14 days? Will this be a problem? I had another letter from Danielle Gee this morning to say "I'm disappointed to learn we haven't been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction as this stage" and are referring me to their Member Service Department.

So, please help me! Where do I go from here? Should I be writing back giving them another 7 days and should I now add on interest? When do I (GULP!) fill out a moneyclaim form for the courts?

I'm also a bit scared of them closing my account down, I'm still well in my overdraft and can't really afford for them to do that.

Any advice appreciated please.

:eek::confused: Just out of interest to you, I received a refund from HSBC after sending letter number 1, asking for my charges to be paid back!

:pSAM

17.05.06 Requested statements from Nationwide ;)

24.06.06 Initial request for refund

05.07.06 No no from Nationwide:?

08.07.06 LBA sent, giving 14 days

18.07.06 Fob off letter from Nationwide:evil:

26.07.06 Filed Moneyclaim

05.08.06 Refund received directly into my account:D

14.08.06 30 days notice of account closure:-o

Hi,

you seem to have done ok all by yourself!!!. In my opinion I would send another letter giving them another 7 days before you start court action and make sure they realise this is your final warning. Perhaps still use the LBA letter on the site and just adjust it to 7 days.

You don't add interest at this stage, not until you file your claim. You will start your claim if you have not received a refund after this last 7 day letter. Don't worry it is very easy and there are lots of people on here to help you.

There is always a chance they will close your a/c, Lloyds closed mine, so this is a risk you have to take. Try and open another a/c with a different bank in case the worst comes to the worst. Hopefully though they will pay up before court as it is not a vast amount.

Hth and best of luck

Carly

Lloyds TSB credit card-Judgement by default filed 8/06/07

Virgin credit card-£120 claimed Settled in full

Business barclaycard-£200 claimed Settled in full

Business a/c-£961.31 claimed Settled in full

NatWest personal a/c-£3010.28 claimed Settled in full

Abbey business a/c-£2390.96 Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c-£497 claimed Settled in full

HSBC credit card-£175.65 claimed Settled in full

Co-op credit card-£150 claimed Settled in full

NatWest business a/c-£250.00 claimed Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c2-£336 claimed Settled in full

Lloyds Business a/c-£1027 claimed Settled in full:lol:

Phew! Thanks for your reply Carly, I thought I'd stuffed up but I feel a bit reassured by that.

I'm glad there are people like you here to help me, it's a pretty daunting thing but I see you've done well and been successful claiming your money back so far.

Well, I'll write back to Danielle Gee giving them a further 7 days and if they don't cough up, then I'll get tough.

I will need some help to work out the interest and things but at least there are plenty of you about.

Cheers!

Sam

;)

Hi Sam

I will be more than happy to help you with the interest and things if the time comes, but fingers crossed you may never need to claim and they may cough up before then.

Go for it!!

Carly

Lloyds TSB credit card-Judgement by default filed 8/06/07

Virgin credit card-£120 claimed Settled in full

Business barclaycard-£200 claimed Settled in full

Business a/c-£961.31 claimed Settled in full

NatWest personal a/c-£3010.28 claimed Settled in full

Abbey business a/c-£2390.96 Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c-£497 claimed Settled in full

HSBC credit card-£175.65 claimed Settled in full

Co-op credit card-£150 claimed Settled in full

NatWest business a/c-£250.00 claimed Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c2-£336 claimed Settled in full

Lloyds Business a/c-£1027 claimed Settled in full:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: HELP! I'm pretty new to all of this, I posted about a week ago and had a reply from Carly who was very helpful.

I've been attempting to get my bank charges refunded from Nationwide on my own really, I didn't discover this site until about 2 weeks ago.

I'd already got to the LBA stage and the 14 days expires today.

I've had a letter from Member services to say that they haven't finished investigating my concerns as yet, really sorry for the dealy but can they reassure me that they are making every effort to resolve this matter. Blah blah blah!

Is this a stalling tactic to make me come over all nice? Do I go ahead with the moneyclaim form? I'm a bit nervous now TBH, what do I do? Help please!!

Sam

Yep stalling tactic, your timetables not theirs. Go ahead with money claim, you've come this far only a little bit further to go. Court isn't anything to worry about anyway, I did one for a matter with my house all it is, is going into a room with a judge dressed normally and their solicitor. It won't get that far anyway!!!:)

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

Ignore them and stick to your timetable - the simple answer is that yes, it is a stalling tactic. Can't believe they need 8 weeks to send you a bog standard letter :rolleyes:

Get the moneyclaim filed and get your money back :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

If the fourteen days are up, you should file the moneyclaim form or N1.

They are stalling. You need to stick to your time limits not theirs.

Good luck!

Capital One : £200.00 - Prelim sent then £68.00 put into a/c. N1 issued 08/08/06 for £132.00 + £19.54 @8% - Total Refund received

Monument: £532.00 + £96.11@8%. N1 issued 08/08/06. Defending claim.

Nationwide: Claiming £4835.87

£4593.53 paid back 18/08/06 Emailed Charles Bacon 21/08/06 to get the difference of 242.34 paid back.

NatWest: Prelim sent 22/08/06 for £1018.00. N1 issued 08/09/06. Filed judgement and received cheque for 1366.97 (inc interest) 28/09/06

Topshop: Total refund received £102.00 after 1st Letter

:p:lol: :lol: :p

Right OK! I will carry on as threatened and fill out my moneyclaim form. Thanks for your advice! I'll stay in touch!

Sam

8)

Right, I've posted my moneyclaim form online, I hope I've done it right!! I've typed out the paragraph about my particulars of my claim and stated that I wish to claim £523 plus £38.52 overdraft interest and then added that I also wish to claim interest at 8% for the last 6 years which brings my total amount claimed to £764.19 plus my £80 court fee. Is this alright? I hope so, I was pretty nervous hitting "submit" !

Fingers crossed now I get my money!

WOAH. Hold on.

You DID use the template in the Library didn't you which quotes the legislation???

Are your charges old...do they go back to the full 6 years as I am bit concerned that the 8% interest is high on that level of claim...if they are old then that would explain it. If you want me to look at your spreadsheet and claim let me know as I am online most of tonight and I will give you my email address.

Oh, and you MUST also set up another account as Nationwide WILL close it.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

:( OMG, I hope I haven't messed up!!! Yes, I used the guidance notes on filling in the moneyclaim form that are located in the templates folder, my total charges came to £523 and I noticed that each time I was in unauthorised overdraft, they charged me interest which I totalled at £38 something.

All these charges are over a 6-year period, I filled out the spreadsheet giving a breakdown of date/type of charge/days since incurred etc.

How do I email it to you? AAAAGHGHH! I'm worried now, I hope I haven't stuffed up!

OK, if you used the template you will be fine.

I have PM'd you.

Hi Sam

You seem to be on the same timetable as me. My 14 days notice to them is up today and i also got a 'give us 8 weeks before you go to the financial ombudsman' standard letter. Glad to see you also wondered if it's a stalling tactic. Will file claim now! See you in the courts!!!!!

Leisl

Nationwide PAID IN FULL £3400 AFTER MONEYCLAIM

Abbey credit card £100 'goodwill refund' 27/7/06, SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM £1040

Cap one prelim approach £862 18/10/06

Barclays still working it out!!!

Hi Leisl! It's good to have another person who can relate to me then, it really surprised me that they'd sent me that ever so nicely put letter this morning! I did stop and think about giving them a bit more time but my husband said that they would probably send me a really horrible letter a few weeks down the line and it would have made me look as if I didn't know what I was doing if I didn't stick rigidly to my plan of action!

I've filed my moneyclaim and hopefully we will both get our money back soon! Keep in touch and good luck!

Sam :oops:

Good luck to you shouldn'r be long now!!! keep checking that account as soon as they have acknoweged receipt of claim

oooeee

As a mathematics degree student i know their figures don't add up!!!! join the Revolution!!!

Nationwide Building society £1778.55 LBA sent 22.06.2006 Claim filed at Truro court 07/07/2006 for £1842.78 Acknowledgement recieved 19/07/2006 "intend to defend". £246.73 (interest on amount) paid into account 20/07/2006 Remaining £1595 paid into account 21/07/2006

Littlewoods catalogue looking into late charges. £80 of charges made phone call 16/07/2006 letter going out 21/07/2006

• 3 weeks later...

:D I've just got back from being away and Nationwide have refunded all of my charges as requested!!! Hurray! They said I'd made a slight miscalculation but there was only about £20 difference so I'm not going to kick up a big fuss about that, I've got my money back thankfully.

On the flip side of the coin, they've unfortunately written me another horrible letter to say they are closing my account in 30 days. I'm really angry at their attitude. :mad:

Thanks to all who have helped me with your good advice!

Sam

YAY! Well done :) Could you take a minute to fill in the survey, please?

:) I've filled out the survey Dolly, I've been into town and opened myself up a different account too. :rolleyes:

I phoned up member services this afternoon after the horrible letter about closing my account down and asked them for a full explantion.....first, the letter said that it was clear I was unwilling to abide by their terms & conditions, which I said that I was more than willing, she told me I was obviously not, so I told her that the charges were from several years ago so they should have told me at that time I was not abiding to their said terms & conditions, blah blah blah.:-x

Then, I said that it did not state anywhere in their terms & conditions that you must not seek a refund of your charges in court or your account would be closed to which she said that they were closing my account as stated in 30 days. I asked if that was their final decision to which she replaied yes. I asked if they close the accounts of all customers who seek a refund of charges and she said those who take them to court, yes. If I wished, I could write again to them however she would not wish me to waste my time. Oh dear.:(

So, I've now got a nice new account with Abbey, I will most certainly not go overdrawn again and be very careful in the future. Plus, I found out I can move my son's trustfund account from Nationwide too so they've lost out there too, serve them right.

Hurray! :p

Good for you! I will move both my daughters accounts too.

Really pleased you got your money!!

Capital One : £200.00 - Prelim sent then £68.00 put into a/c. N1 issued 08/08/06 for £132.00 + £19.54 @8% - Total Refund received

Monument: £532.00 + £96.11@8%. N1 issued 08/08/06. Defending claim.

Nationwide: Claiming £4835.87

£4593.53 paid back 18/08/06 Emailed Charles Bacon 21/08/06 to get the difference of 242.34 paid back.

NatWest: Prelim sent 22/08/06 for £1018.00. N1 issued 08/09/06. Filed judgement and received cheque for 1366.97 (inc interest) 28/09/06

Topshop: Total refund received £102.00 after 1st Letter

:p:lol: :lol: :p