• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Settled out of court v Barclays!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to see proof of that if you did indeed donate your 5%.. so will you be giving me the proof that you have donated that much?

Why? What has it got to do with you?

I certainly wouldn't send you details of the donations I've made.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueRuby

warning!.jpgWe have been advised that confidentiality is something that can be passed "down the line", so if we are seen to have allowed a user to openly discuss the outcome of a case that was subject to confidentiality, we could theorically be liable to action too. I must therefore remove every post where this has happened.

Also, as you seem to ignore every question I ask of you, perhaps you would care to ignore this one too.

You claim that the step-by-step guide did not tell of the 6 year limit (even though this has been covered in lots of other places), and you say that after you started your claim, you received no help.

Well, the step-by-step guide did say this~:

The step by step does not include anything about the 6 year rule UNLESS it has been edited after my moaning about it.

If the rule had been in there I would have followed it to a tee which I did anyway- so why then did I get told that I cant claim back further than 12 years by a legal professional.

There was nothing in that step by step to say this- yet people are pointed to this section first when starting a claim?

Your posts would imply that you were not 100% sure of your case - why did you continue?

The 6 year rule was not made clear in the step by step and frankly I didnt have the time and patience digging through mountains of threads to find one 'maybe' answer.. that would have got me nowhere fast.

So- bearing in mind I claimed for 12 years initially, not the 6 like I could go for- my claim went pearshaped.. and I blame the step by step which is hosted on your site sir.

So, when I asked for advice on what to do next- my pleas were ignored until I PM'ed bankfodder himself and got the two 'helpful titbits on my thread' which gave me no help at all- also I noticed a cheap pop thread appear about people making mistakes as well which further infuriated me.

If people are making mistakes sir, its because they are following a step by step that needs to be updated.

I continued because I am a very good negotiator- and when the court questionaire came I believed in myself enough to email barclays and negotiate the settlement- which I knew would happen.

3 Days later- I'm sat with my cash.

So where does the money go then?

You are clearly not stupid. The donations cover a portion of the hosting (which believe it or not is considerably more than you seem to think you could get it hosted for), some is made up from book sales and when there is a shortfall, usually BF's pocket gets hit.

Go to companies house, get the information you so badly desire. I will await an apology via pm once you have the information.

It will not be divulged in this forum - if you post it here, I will delete it.

I think it's detrimental to the running of the site to have that information posted here.

It's curious how these questions get asked by certain individuals once they have their money returned by the bank, don't you think?

You find it curious that we don't actually like using our own money and ask for aid? Yet fight tooth and nail about a 5% donation youself when you have nothing to reimbursed for. You are indeed a curious person Sir.

You find the sites finances intruiging, and that is the answer you have given to question me over the running of the site and my reasons for not divulging financial information in a public forum. Please give it a little thought, why would I not want to do that? Can you guess?

Here's a hint - it's not because we have anything to hide from our users.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

so why then did I get told that I cant claim back further than 12 years by a legal professional.

for the same reasons that same proffessional, about 12 months ago would probably have told you that the banks were legally entitled to punish you by wayof charges.

Your claim did not go pear-shaped. You tried to claim for 12 years, the bank told you that they would defend that as they believed that it was outside of the statute of limitations. You believed them and caved.

It may interest you to knowthat at least two other people went back further than 6 years and got ALL their money, despite their bank claiming the same 6 year rule. Who was right? Your professional or this site?

I may interest you to hear of the one case that did go to court and was lost. The chap had the barrister from The Guardian represent him. Since then, no barrister has stood, andevery case has been won. A little odd, wouldn't you agree?

If you gave in, that's your lookout. The step by step guide says "stand your ground" - did you? no. You got scared when a bank who didn't want to part with the cash told you that you'd done it wrong. If you'd stood your ground (as per the step by step guide) then you would most likely have gotten your 12 years. I blame you, not the step-by-step. If you only follow some of the instructions and won't read a list of questions laid out to help you, then you can hardly blame anyone but yourself for pure lazyness.

I had B'card tell me that I couldn't claim 19.9% like they do - when I started legal proceedings, guess who paid up the full interest claim?

Should I believe everything they tell me in their defence document?

thread appear about people making mistakes as well which further infuriated me.

Why did it? You did make a mistake. The FAQ says if you want to try and go back further than 6years then you should do so. You clearly didn't want to, and/or research the matter, and claimed for more than you were prepared to defend. Your mistake. Personally, knowing what I know now, I would go for much longer than the 6 years I did before I started this site. My mistake was to only go for the 6years I thought I could.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

That is a very wild boast sir to be honest.

So you will personally be donating over £600 to this site.. I would like to see proof of that if you did indeed donate your 5%.. so will you be giving me the proof that you have donated that much?

WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND PROOF do you have a complex? can we see a copy of your settlement cheque or a copy of your bank statement

BTW your settlement letter is legally binding I have had personal experience of this.

Yes I will be donating 5% some of us have morals and no problem donating to keep this site running for the benefit of others

Do you run your own Business?

Try it then you might understand the basic costs involved

Donations made to this site are made by Paypal "no cash" everything would have to go through the books you cant "loose" money therefore every penny is accounted for

I'm not surprised dave is feeling a little hacked off the way the threads reads its as if hes pocketing everything

Cant you find another Forum to pi** off

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

I f*cking give up = I've told you where and what themoney is spent on.

There is also no need to react like that as well.

All I have asked for is a breakdown, possibly maybe on a spreadsheet on how much money this site pulls in and its expenditure, if you cant give me that simple request- I begin to wonder what you are hiding to be fair especially after that little outburst.

You think your 200 quid would pay for this site to be hosted - we'll blow me down! I only wish it did.

I'll have to do a bit of research on that - I'll come back to you on that one ;)

You think what you like.

I am not going to dish that information out - think it fishy if you like, that's up to you.

So then I have your permission then to find out using other sources I take it?

Again, I ask you why you think you have the right to be privy to that information. Walk up to you nearest grocery shop and ask them to divulge that information. I can guess what the answer would be.

Because I find it interesting that a site that could possibly generate over say a ballpoint figure of £3000 or more a day from its users.. I'd like to know how why you are still saying that the site does not pay for itself?

I find that hard to imagine somewhat.

I am telling you, we are not getting rich out of this by any means. I also find it difficult to understand why you think that is the case.

And I have not said at all that you are in this purely for your own benefit- but I am curious at to your incomes and outgoings on this site, purely for research purposes and for the fact that I am a nosey bleeder :D

Donations do not flood in, and if it were not for the book sales (and despite you feeling that your intelligence has been insulted) and salaries from my dayj job, this site would not have enough money to run.

Again, if you can prove that claim then please do so.

Do the research yourself if you like - find out how much a site with this bandwidth costs to run for a year, find out how much VBull costs, how much vBullSEO costs, find out how much it cost to set up the ltd company. That would just about break us even - let alone the other costs (which are not ever going to be mentioned in a place where the banks can read it).

I already have started researching it, I'm just waiting for an answer now.

I think you are living in cloud cookoo land if you think this site is making money hand over fist.

No need to be rude about this, but I do think there is more money coming into this site than its outgoings.. hence there is a profit somewhere.. and where does that go- thats what I want to know.

Lueeze used to help me open the mails - now I do it again. I cannot reply to all of them.

So then you cannot claim to help 1400 people sending emails a day can you not?

1400 people wont get the help they need.. so how many people dont get the help they are wanting yet are obliged to send the 5% to the site for its 'help'

[qupte]

I am not going to break it down, I don't want to and I don't appreciate being asked about it. If you don't trust me, then fine. Don't come here anymore. I don't appreciate being distrusted by someone who, like it or not, has been helped by this site, regardless of if they believe it or not.

If you dont wish to give me the info then I will find it legally elsewhere- that is not a problem, its not a matter of if I trust you or not- you might not trust me.. thats not a problem either because I couldnt care less frankly, what I do object to is the fact that you've just said - dont come here anymore.

Now thats interesting I find.. why should I leave helping people out and your site might I add- yes I ask qustions of the site- I think the public deserves the right to answers as well.

I was helped slightly by the site- which I am appreciative of dont get me wrong, and thats why I am volunteering my time instead of cash.

You dont have to trust me- I dont have to trust you, but I can tell you right now that I wont stop helping people out on here.

HAve we done anything immoral?

Now that is a good question as well- does 2 letter templates, a spreadsheet and a couple of posts of help constitute a payment of £200 in your eyes?

That seems to me to be asking an awful lot in return for a something very small.

Just why do you think I should waste my time arguing with you about this?

Why should I get a breakdown of everything that has come through the door?

Perhaps you should ask the taxman who is taking a cut of everything through the door too? Should he deserve it?

I am ****ed off that you think this site set itself up with no money - that's just either designed to rile me, or very naive - which is it?

I dont wish to argue about this- I dont need to basically.. either way I will find out the sites incoming and expenditure by hook or by crook but I would rather it come from you rather than me have to find out in other ways.

Of course you had to provide an initial outlay for this site- I havent doubted that for a second- however, to say that the forum now cannot support itself I find is a ludicrous notion.

Either way.. I have not come to rile you at all.

Neither am I naive sir.

Best wishes to yourself and your family

Dark Knight

How rude of you to ask an individual for proof of a confidential donation!

Would you walk into a church and ask people how much they put in the collection plate just beacuse you don't beleive in god? (I am not commenting on your religious beleifs here, it's a comparrison).

If you don't beleive this site has helped you - don't donate, if you felt it was useful then donate what you feel is appropriate, as said many times before, donations are voluntary (hence they are not called charges!).

I have been dismayed to read this thread, you are so ungrateful. You have your charges back because you came to this site, yet you are hounding the people who set it up - I wonder if you work for a bank?

I read the frequently asked questions when I first joined this forum and I was always under the impression you could only claim for 6 years, hence only asking for 6 years worth of statements.

I think you should take your money and go, leave everyone else here to get on with claiming back their charges, helping each other publically so others can read the responses and feeling as though we belong to something bigger and have a comaraderie.

hek

Guest BlueRuby

Tried to PM you Dave but your box is full! Just want to say that I totally support you and BF and all the mods and helpers. I think Dark Knight just wants a fight.

£3000 per day. Ha. Yeah, quite right - you've hit the nail on the head. I hope you live on the coast, because I'm just about to sail round in my yacht and pick you up for a night of eating diamond encrusted salmon and drinking bottles of champagne.

So about 110k pa.? Well, I wonder why I still go to work.

The forum, for the most part does support itself - I have never denied that. Sometimes in a little in excess, and sometimes it's a little short. When it's short, where do you think the money comes from?

why should I leave helping people out and your site might I add- yes I ask qustions of the site- I think the public deserves the right to answers as well.

No offence, but you openly flouted a legally binding agreement between yourself and barclays whilst claiming that 6 years is the max you can go back.

We have proven that 6 years is not the maximum, and you are acting unlawfuly. I think that is advice that people can do without.

Like I said - go and get the information - just don't post it here - I will still await your apology.

I said I receive 1400 emails per day.

------------

------------

Tried to PM you Dave but your box is full! Just want to say that I totally support you and BF and all the mods and helpers. I think Dark Knight just wants a fight.

Cheers. Probably true, but then I have had a couple of beers after work, and I enjoy a good 'fiery' discussion every now-and-then.

------------

------------

There is also no need to react like that as well.

For that I apologise.

------------

------------

what a tosser why dont you just go awayyou got your money back and now want to moan about the "service" you got from a FREE site!!!! oh dear oh dear dave i realy dont know how you keep going in the face of this sort of thing. i know knight put a cheque for £10 in an envelope and ask for a DPA request!!!! you prized prannok.

LLOYDS TSB

DPA: REQUEST SENT: 11-04-06

RECEIVED 28-O4-06

PRELIM LETTER SENT: 04-05-06

RECEIVED SOD OFF:06-05-06

Correct. I don't know exactly how much it costs, but I am sure it is a hell of a lot more than £200 a month.

So let dave reveal how much it costs to host a site of this size then- he knows how much it costs.

Are you for real?

So if I'm wrong then- why cant dave disclose how much he pays per month to keep the site going?

Dave has already explained it is publicly available information from Companies House - if you're that desperate to find out then you can. However, Dave and BankFodder do not think it is appropriate for discussion on the forum.

Dave- give me the limited company details so I can look this up then please :D

I will keep the information of the site if needs be.

Do you really think this site can afford to employ staff? If only! It is run entirely by volunteers.

Which I've been told before yep.

If you want to do this on the forum then please do so. However, if you do it behind closed doors communicating via PM and email then if you give incorrect advice then nobody will be able to pick up on it. I think it is a bad idea to give one-to-one advice like this when there is a forum available for people to get advice from a collective 45,000+ forum members.

Seeing as how I've been innundated with people wanting help at the minute- I'll help them as I see fit- they dont have to accept the advice given naturally, but I can offer pointers where necessary.

If somebody PMs a Mod or Site Helper asking for advice, we advise them to post their query on the forum - if we all gave advice on a one-to-one basis then there would be no forum. On a 'personal level' we have helped over 1250 people get over £1,200,000 back from banks through the advice and support given on this forum.

You advise them to post on a thread- which I did and it got me NOWHERE fast!

Thats after PMing bankfodder... that is great advice, really.

Sorry- were too busy to help, but I'm sure the 45000 people will.

Try searching for 'won' or 'settled'. Search in titles only.

I will indeed do so!

However will that show me barclays results which I'm after or just wins as a whole perhaps?

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Ditto Dave / BF / Mods

Why? What has it got to do with you?

I certainly wouldn't send you details of the donations I've made.

Because I dont think for one second that the person offering 5% of his '£10k' claim will donate over £600 to this site as a donation.

But if it does happen and that can be proven- I'll will apologise of course.

:D

dark sorry but your really just not getting it this site runs off donations, you were not asked to sign a contract stating that you would give 5% of your claim it is entirely up to you if you give anything so lets just cut the **** hey pal. your just troling i could sit here and argue the toss all night because unlike some i`m not too busy hepling people out to answer tits like you.

LLOYDS TSB

DPA: REQUEST SENT: 11-04-06

RECEIVED 28-O4-06

PRELIM LETTER SENT: 04-05-06

RECEIVED SOD OFF:06-05-06

The company name is on the site - it's a legal requirement.

It's funny how you will spend the time researching this (and you'll have to find the name on the site ;-) ) but couldn't spend half the time reading the information you need before you start a claim.

Again, I will not divulge information about the finances of this site in this forum.

------------

------------

This is getting ridiculous. I think it's time a Mod closed this thread and Dark Knight crawled back in his corner.

I dont think it is getting ridiculous to be honest- just someone asking a site owner a few questions about this site.

Its nothing personal and I dont bear people and the site any ill feelings on here.

If this thread does get shut, what will you people be proving by that?

I think a lot of people might find it questionable if this thread does get shut down to be honest if they have a read through what I've put- I've not come for a slanging match.. I just ask plain and simple questions.

That is all.

And I wont be crawling into my corner anytime soon also :D

You advise them to post on a thread- which I did and it got me NOWHERE fast!

In your original thread, when you were panicking when you received your defence, mjanet actually advised you that if you decided you were confident enough to pursue the full 12 years we would help you and support you to get the full amount, otherwise you could amend your claim with the court.

Also in your thread in some of the very first posts back in March, the 6 year limit was briefly discussed.

I will indeed do so!

However will that show me barclays results which I'm after or just wins as a whole perhaps?

If you use 'advanced search', you can choose to search the Barclays forum only.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest Mumofthreeboys
If this thread does get shut, what will you people be proving by that? I think a lot of people might find it questionable if this thread does get shut down to be honest if they have a read through what I've put- I've not come for a slanging match.. I just ask plain and simple questions.

And I wont be crawling into my corner anytime soon also :D

'You people' - you were one once oh great one - are you for real????????? When Sir will you be crawling into your corner?

If this thread does get shut, what will you people be proving by that?

I think a lot of people might find it questionable if this thread does get shut down to be honest if they have a read through what I've put- I've not come for a slanging match.. I just ask plain and simple questions.

:D

Have you read anyone supporting you through this thread or is it just people getting annoyed with you and supporting dave, BF and the mods?

I think you're the only person who would find it questionable if this thread were closed!

You are clearly not stupid. The donations cover a portion of the hosting (which believe it or not is considerably more than you seem to think you could get it hosted for), some is made up from book sales and when there is a shortfall, usually BF's pocket gets hit.

So then, how much do you pay per month for hosting?

Simple question.

Go to companies house, get the information you so badly desire. I will await an apology via pm once you have the information.

So divulge me the company details then and your limited company number so I can see for myself- thanks.

It will not be divulged in this forum - if you post it here, I will delete it.

I will not disclose the information on here if that is your wish.

I think it's detrimental to the running of the site to have that information posted here.

Again, I wont post it on here- you have my word, which I know to you means precisely nowt but there we go.

It's curious how these questions get asked by certain individuals once they have their money returned by the bank, don't you think?

And why shouldnt we ask those questions dave? ;)

You find it curious that we don't actually like using our own money and ask for aid? Yet fight tooth and nail about a 5% donation youself when you have nothing to reimbursed for. You are indeed a curious person Sir.

I think that the site is self sufficient with its donations- if you can prove that, then I will apologise publicly.. if you cant prove it.. there we go.

I will fight tooth and nail for my 5% because thats my money that I've earned myself- not you or any other person on here, I did it myself.

I am indeed a very curious person, I thankyou :)

You find the sites finances intruiging, and that is the answer you have given to question me over the running of the site and my reasons for not divulging financial information in a public forum. Please give it a little thought, why would I not want to do that? Can you guess?

Yes your reason is that the big bad banks might be watching- cant they get the information from elsewhere though dont you think? :)

Seriously.. I think they might already know how much is coming back in here.. in fact I'd bet cash on it that they do already.

Here's a hint - it's not because we have anything to hide from our users.

I do hope not.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks