style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lol, I'll try again

Managed to fend off Bailiff for a while, but I know he will be back, am I right in thinking that if I put my car in my sisters name he can't take it?

Would my sister get into trouble for it? Is it best to register at a completely different address, or does that not matter? If it didn't matter, could I then put car in my Husband's name?

Know I have to pay the debt, just if they take my car, I have absolutely no way of getting to work, live out in the sticks, six miles from the nearest public transport

Any advice/tips greatfully received :)

Hope you can help

Managed to fend off Bailiff for a while, but I know he will be bac

How have you done that?

I right in thinking that if I put my car in my sisters name he can't take it?

Would my sister get into trouble for it? Is it best to register at a completely different address, or does that not matter? If it didn't matter, could I then put car in my Husband's name?

It's better if it's registered at a different address, in a different name - although they may ask to see the insurance docs.

The fact is if you sell it to your sister for £1 or whatever it's worth, it's hers so long as you have a reciept for the money - THEN they can't touch it.

How could she get into trouble for buying your car?;)

Lol, it's all very confusing, but when I moved house, I changed my name, name change is on Experian/Equifax, but they kept chasing for debt in old name, I ignored all letters so they obtained CCJ by default, first I knew of it was when HCEO turned up the other day, Oops!!

So when he asked for this person by name, I replied no one here by that name, and showed him my licence as proof. Technically correct, but naughty I know, but at least it's brought me some more time, which is what I need to try and sort this mess out, Lol

Good news about the car, will ring sister and insurance company today, Thank you :)

Thank you for all your advice, have spoken to sister, she is absolutely fine with "buying" the car, but letting me use it.

Logbook winging it's way to DVLA as I type :) and in my haste, when I put down 10 for the month, my hurried writing may look a little bit like a 9, Hey Ho ;)

Thank you for all your advice, have spoken to sister, she is absolutely fine with "buying" the car, but letting me use it.

Logbook winging it's way to DVLA as I type :) and in my haste, when I put down 10 for the month, my hurried writing may look a little bit like a 9, Hey Ho ;)

If you're changing the ownership then will have to change the insurance. The insurance must be in the same name as the owner.

You can be a named driver if you wish.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)