Halifax Overdraft Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm currently with Halifax and setup the account mainly for my Son to use for Ebay, he recently wen't overdrawn by a few quid on three seperate occasions within a month in which the money was replaced within a few days from incoming funds, but I have since recieved Three different letters staing I had been charged £35 for each of these occasions. I felt they was unjust but thought there was no way out of this and therefore had to pay them but, a Friend told me about this website and that I couls possibly get the money they took out only a few days ago back.

I have no experience of anything like this and have no clue how I would go about this if it is at all possible. Hopefully you guys can help me out

Thanx

Hiya Spurz09,

Welcome to CAG. :)

If these are your first charges then it might be worth a phone call, as they sometime refund first time ones. Not always though, but it is always worth a try!

You might also receive a letter to say they will charge you an extra £28 at the end of the month for going over an unauthorised overdraft. :mad:

Failing that, then you will have to reclaim them. Have a look at the links in my signature at the step by step guide.

You will need to send the prelim letter (in the guide)

If you have any questions, please ask. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

halifax will always refund the first charge..

I wish that was true, but I have seen a few cases where they have said no. Albeit not very often, but I think it can depend on the person you get on the phone.

If ever they say no to the first charges being refunded. Call back and try to speak to some one else.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

sea-sidelady we have a policy (RAG) Red / Amber / Green Self explanatory?

First change is "green" and should be refunded as per the policy, along with bank error, account fraud and so on..

Amber is for things like a second / third charge, death of a family member.. (not a always guaranteed) but a nice attitude goes a long way

Red is simply no, things like loads of charge refunds in the past.

We are entrusted to make a decision and once made only management can over rule it.. branch staff are powerless and customer would be referred back to the contact center.

OP clearly fits into "Green"

I do agree with you, the op does fit into green, but I have heard people on here say they got an unhelpful customer service person on the phone, who has said no to them for what ever reason.

So if some one receives say 3 or 4 charges, is it policy to return all 3 or 4?

It is only a tiny amount of people who don't get the first charge refunded, and I also agree you get further being nice on the phone, there is no need to be rude, although I can understand why people get mad, and feel like they are hitting their head against a brick wall sometimes!

Edited by sea-sidelady

F&Q's... Read here

Hi again all,

Many Thanx for the advice in your Replys, I will phone them in the Morning and hopefully speak to the right person amd resolve the issue asap. I will let you guys know how it goes and whether I need to take it to the next stage.

Thanx Again

• 1 month later...