MBNA sold my account to Link Financial-Lin

notlam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Nathal and Notlam,

What ever happened to your cases. I would be very interested to know as I have had a debt from MBNA recently bought by Link. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Jeff.

Thanks. This is what the CCCS has advised me today:

Hello XXXX,

If MBNA have sold the debt to Link then they have the legal right to this debt.

In order for this to have happened, MNBA at some point would have had to issue you out a Default Notice. This advises you that the original offer with them has been breached and broken and that further action can be taken against you.

This is common practise by most creditors and this is the procedure they will have to follow. Without a Default Notice, MBNA would not have been able to sell the debt to Link. I would advise you to check your records to see if you have been issued a Default, this is also highlighted on your Credit Report if you are unable to find the paper copy.

As per your instructions, I will make a notes that no payments are to be made to Link at this moment in time until we have heard from you.

Hope this is ok. If you require any further information or advise, please feel free to contact us again

Regards XXXX

Apart from one letter a few months ago (April) from MBNA saying "by not making the minimum monthly payment this could lead to me being in Default, MBNA never actually said they would default me.

Seeing as we've now been in dispute, with letters going back and forth between Andrew Tweddle, Matthew McGrath and Steve Bailey all at MBNA and me, since it seems to me their lefthand doesnt know what their righthand is saying and doing. It seems they've been a bit hasty too if they have defaulted me while in dispute.

I have sent a £2 checque off today to request a Credit Check from Equifax.

I am very interested in your post actually! MBNA "defaulted" us via an email we didn't receive, lied about phoning us and sending it to my work address and then didn't send a hard copy - see my thread MBNA Nightmare! for more info - and then some!!!! They then sold it to a DCA, namely Arrow Global.

I have CCA'd both the DCA and their solicitor and as of today, they have both breached this.

I am now prepared for a battle. I am serving a Section 85 default notice to MBNA and can't wait for them to try and defend their reprehensible behaviour!

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• 1 year later...
I am very interested in your post actually! MBNA "defaulted" us via an email we didn't receive, lied about phoning us and sending it to my work address and then didn't send a hard copy - see my thread MBNA Nightmare! for more info - and then some!!!! They then sold it to a DCA, namely Arrow Global.

I have CCA'd both the DCA and their solicitor and as of today, they have both breached this.

I am now prepared for a battle. I am serving a Section 85 default notice to MBNA and can't wait for them to try and defend their reprehensible behaviour!

=========================================================

I have a debt with MBNA of just over £6k which, apparently has been sold on to Link Financial-Lin. I have CCA'd Link and so far they have come back to me stating that in order to provide a statement of account they may have to charge me. I have largely ignored this as I feel they are likely to breach both 12 and 30 day deadlines for production of documents.

What is a Section 85 default notice ?

I am interested in what action I can take if Link breach all CCA deadlines and are consequently committing a summary criminal offence.

Regards,

Stupot59

Hello Stupot59!

I'd advise starting your own Thread in the MBNA Section, as this is a very old Thread, and it would be wise to start afresh in a New Thread of your own that will then get everyone's full attention.

Just go to the MBNA Section, and start a New Thread there.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

BRW

• 4 weeks later...

I have 7 creditors 6 have been very accomodating responding to letters etc... BUT Link who bought the debt on May 6th have only sent one letter, I sent an I&E breakdown and they were prepared to accept my payment of £14 per month yet refused to sent me a payment slip!!!!

I have said help me to help you. I want to make a payment yet still they refuse.

There staff... OH MY GOD how rude can they be one gent called David told me to "Sort my life out" before hanging up that sent me in a rage lol..

I have been handling my own affairs very successfully for 17 months now but this firm is seriously hard work, they dont correspond. Are unhelpful, rude, condescending and arrogant

• 8 months later...

I have been in dispute with MBNA since last August! 4 weeks ago I got the ombudsman involved after they sent me fraudulantly filled in agreement - They are now under investigation by them! they were supposed to reply within 12 days...never did....today i received a letter stating that they had sold it on to a debt collection agency..mmmm interesting.

Wondering what to do next!! any idea's???