• Tweets

• Well, that's it then. Clear proof of the rubbish cameras. Clear proof of double dipping. G24 won't be getting a penny. Belt & braces, I would write to the address LFI has found, include the evidence of double dipping, and ask Fraser Group to call their dogs off.
    • LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
    • The first clearly visible sign as you pull in to the car park states “McDonald’s Customers Only 60 minutes” The next clearly visible sign is an almost identical sign outside Starbucks which states “60 minutes free stay for customers only” There are other signs towards the rear of the car park (away from the outlets) that have the terms and conditions on them in very small print.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax / Bank of Scotland (over £6000 owed)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is your branch in Scotland or England? If in England, then you will be able to claim up to £5,000 through the small claims court, but if in Scotland the limit will be £750.00. The fact that it was Bank of Scotland does not matter if you send your letters to your branch in England. Either way I would suggest you sever the claim to keep it within these limits.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Actually, if you read carefully, what you can claim in any one action depends on where you live. The limit as noted is lower in Scotland. It has been suggested that you might use an address in England in order to make use of the higher limit but you must also be prepared to attend court.

There should be no issue about the effect of the merger as I'm sure both companies accepted each others liabilities. You can use the Trinity Road address rather than your local branch and you are probably best doing this as your local branch is not equipped to deal with this and will only be a post box.

Whatever, you can split the total to match your domicile and present numerous claims.

I'm just about to send off my preliminary approach letter to Halifax for £4,230 but their are two things I need before it goes.

1. Double, double check I'm sending it to the right place. Can someone doubly confirm the address

2. Schedule of charges. Where do I find a template on this site?

Once I have those I'll send the first part off. I'm not going to do anything with the second claim until I receive the FULL AMOUNT.

:D

I have seen some advice to split claims over £5000 and some to go for the whole lot. I am just about to send off four years worth of charges adding up to £4,890 but the whole lot only goes up to £6,300. Which is more advisable to do?

The reason for advising people to split the claim is that claims under 5,000 will go to the small claims court. This can be advantageous as it is cheaper and more informal than going to County Court. The judge will be more willing to intervene to help a person who has no legal representation and ensure that the hearing is conducted on a fair footing. The hearing will be quick most cases will be over in half an hour. The main advantage to the small claims court is that there is no risk of paying the banks legal costs if the case does actually go to court and the banks win.

There are, however, disadvantages to the small claims in that you can not claim legal costs if you win so you are less likely to take legal advice and representation. Also legal aid is not available in the small claims court.

Claims in the County court are more expensive, formal and follow strict rules of procedure. They will generally take longer and because legal costs are recoverable by the winner the parties will generally have representation. Legal aid may be available (depending on type of claim and eligibility requirements). Banks may use the threat that you may be left with a huge bill to cover their legal costs and no charges refunded if you lose, to intimidate you from continuing with your claim or to accept a lower settlement. However, as most cases are settling out of court these arguments are purely academic.

If you chose to split your claim there is a remote possibility that the court would refuse to hear a second claim on the grounds of abuse of process in that you should have included this sum in the first claim

Hope this helps.

Sent off letter on Tuesday 25th July claiming £4,860. They must be rather scared as I received a letter yesterday on 28th July saying:

'I understand that you are not happy at the level of charges on your account'

No really:

'We're keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. Acustomer Relations Manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks.'

So, even though they're replying to a letter in which I gave them 14 days, they're asking for four weeks. Does this mean that they're just buying time?

Hi,

Ignore this letter, it's their standard response. Stick to your 14 day deadline.

Good luck

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...

Have done everything to plan so far up to demanding payment back within 28 days. Halifax sent back a letter within two days saying they are going to look at my overdue charges and will get back to me within the four week period I have given.

Do I then need to send any other letters until the four week period is up and hope that they will settle?

I'm a bit confused...you should have sent the preliminary letter giving them 14 days to give you ALL your money back, if they don't then you send the Letter Before Action giving them a further 14 days before you will start court action. Is this what you have done?

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

If you stated 4 weeks in your letter to them then you will have to give them 4 weeks

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading your site for all the things that are going to happen and it's happening like clockwork. The 28 days for settling the claim ends tomorrow and they have come back and offered £440 for a £4,860 claim.

My next step is to then issue a summons as I can't reply accepting the £440 in partial settlement of the full claim in time. I've already said before that when I get my settlement £200 goes right back into this site for all the help it's given me! It's all getting a bit closer now. Onto the home stretch afetr three long months.

If there is anything I'm missing, just let me know but going to do online claim tomorrow when the 28 days run out.

Make sure you update your schedule of charges with any that have been added recently.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

These are for three years worth of charges up to 2004 as a partial claim. I am going to include my 8% interest on top of these and my £120 court charges which I will incur taking me to £5368.80.

Am I right to start claiming at the end of the 28 days rather than today or does it not really make much difference?

You are better waiting the full time to show willingness to allow them to settle before legal action was taken.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Just in the process of sending a claim through www.moneyclaim.gov.uk and have vehemently followed the correct process as described here but the only thing I am missing is how to attach the interest spreadsheet to the online form.

At the moment I am calculating the interest and attaching that to the total in the money claimed box. eg. Claiming £4860 plus £1086 in interest. Am putting that mount in my money claimed box (I am confident now that I can claim over £5000) and on top of that I will be claiming £250 in court costs. Giving me a total of £6196.

There is no spreadsheet attached.

Is this ok as I know it helps if the court sees that you have made the effort to individually calculate the interest for the money claimed.

Thanks

Once I get the answer, it's off!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Have put my claim through the moneyclaim site and they have now sent back through the courts that they are willing to defend the claim. Letter states that have 28 days to file a defence.

Looking forward to seeing them in court, if it gets that far.

Any others had this letter and what was the next step in Halifax's plan of attack?

Normally after getting the letter to defend it appears in your account a few days later. I got my letter the other day and I think it will be Monday for me, but I'm not holding my breath waiting....

Halifax Plc - £1,956.00 + £360.15 interest = £2316.15

Preliminary Letter Sent - 7/8/2006

Standard blah, blah Letter arrived - 12/8/2006

LBA Letter Sent - 21/8/2006

Filed Moneyclaim - 04/09/2006

Moneyclaim Issued - 05/09/2006

Moneyclaim Acknowledged - 06/09/2006

**Settled in Full** - 11/09/2006

Barclays Bank Plc - Statements arrived - £250.00

Preliminary Letter Sent - 12/9/2006

Step-by-Step Instructions

A Good Place to Start