Barclays/Woolwich Default

REGISPF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to everyone,

Hi there, this is the first time I’m jointing and posting on this Forum. Apparently it seems to be fantastic. I hope to it could help us quite a lot.

Well, I’m really surprise that I have discovered only yesterday that I have been defaulted by Barclays Bank PLC (Woolwich) on 16/10/2007 of amount of £347.00. I had a personal account and credit card with them from 2001 until 2005. However one day I went to withdraw some money and they said that I could not do it, because the Bank had lost of my information/records, even my signature to compare. Therefore I decided to close down my account on that exactly moment and I did. I had a Loan with them and paid everything straightaway. Nevertheless, I have only received a letter from Barclaycard dated on 07/09/2005 saying that my credit card account has been closed. I have never kept anything about my personal account with Barclays after this day and I don’t even know if I have ever received any letter from them anyway.

I went to the same Branch today at 10:00am and they said to me that the head office will contact in 24hs, however they didn’t so far.

I’m really confused, because I do not owe them any money, loan or whatsoever as I had to pay everything before close down my accounts.

I will be very grateful if you could help me with any advice relating to it.

Many thanks,

Regispf

e-mail addy deleted

Edited by slick132
best to not put pesonal contact info on thread

Hi REGISPF and welcome to the Barclays forum.

I have moved your post into your own new thread here to avoid hijacking Antz's thread. It keeps your case separate from others so it's easier to follow.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Reg,

If you think the CCard a/c was closed with no problem, and you had no penalty charges on that a/c, leave that just now.

If you have a/c nos. for the bank a/c and/or the loan a/c, and you think one of these could be the a/c for which you've been defaulted, you should send an SAR using this letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html.

One SAR will cover both a/c's.

You should enclose a £10 fee with the letter, which you should carefully adapt to reflect your own case.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)