Workplace appeals

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Here's an interesting one.

I had a complaint made against me which resulted in me receiving a verbal warning that stays on my file for 6 months. It's little more than a slap on the wrist but quite honestly I didn't do what I was accused of so I appealed.

I have requested additional documents from the other side to use in my defence. As yet I have not recieved anything and the clock is ticking.

My employers procedure clearly states timeframes for all parts of the process. It doesn't say what the consequences of NOT doing things in the prescribed time. If the docs don't arrive in the next 3 days they are out of time under their own rules. If it was a court of law it would no doubt be thrown out but I'm unsure what to do if the documents don't arrive.

Any ideas?

In reality, not a lot. ACAS issues guidelines for disciplinary and grievance procedures but these are not 'laws' as such. There is the issue that if published in the company handbook it forms a part of your contract and the employer is therefore in breach, but how realistic would it be to take them to an ET for a ruling?

Better to raise a formal grievance that despite the company having clear guidelines and timescales for resolution of workplace disputes and disciplinary appeals you are disappointed not to have received the information which you requested. Ask that this be provided or your grievance escalated in line with their published timescale.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thanks for that. Pretty much what I thought. Whilst it's only sort of related this is one of numerous complaints of inaccuracy, lies and downright inability of my so called line manager to his job.

I've got the Union on side so I'll get it sorted one way or another. Just wanted a second opinion so to speak.

Thanks again

Pleasure. Let the Union do the donkeywork and just keep at them. Of course if the fact of having an unproven disciplinary matter on record caused you to miss out on another job it would be different altogether....

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 1 year later...