Potential Charging order from Natwest

stumpydave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post but here goes:

Back in about 2000 / 2001 Natwest called me in to the bank.I thought it was for a ticking off as my account was in a right mess. However, the woman told me she was off at the end of the week and needed to get her accounts in order! She then "sold" me a £15,000 loan (at the second attempt). The first time she tried based on my income it rejected, so she tried again including expenses as well, even though I pointed out that wasn't actually income. The loan was to pay off Natwest Visa (10k & overdraft about 3.6k, but she topped it up to give me a little extra).

Anyway, the loan went through and sure enough I defaulted quite quickly (along with about 6 other creditors).

I signed up with Payplan and have been happily (or unhappily) paying back ever since.

All creditors have been reasonable except Natwest. They pretty much immediately pursued the CCJ route, and I have now missed 2 payments because I lost my job and they are threatening a charging order.

Now I am working again and can resume payments but their solicitor is not really listening.

So I have decided to complain (via the financial Ombudsman) about mis selling. My points are:

1. Didn't ask for it

2. Bank employee falsified the figures to push it through

3. Bank new I was a problem gambler at the time

I have 2 qustions really:

1. How long will it take for them to get a charging order, and are there any delaying tactics I can use?

2. Any ideas whether I will "win" my mis selling complaint, or whether I have left it too late to complain? I've agonised over it for years, but always felt I needed to take responsibility for my actions, but now I have such a hatred for the bank...

House is currently on the market anyway, so would like to sell before they get a chance to take a chunk. Otherwise I'll just sell it for just enough to cover morgage & fees and leave them with nothing just to spite them!

If the matter has been to court then the FOS won't touch it. The OFT/TS may take the same view.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)