O2 / Carphone Wharehouse

Floyd3592
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a cashback mobile phone via the internet with an O2 tariff through the carphone Warehouse (as an aside I never received any cashback cheques because of the convoluted and complicated claims process but thats another story) also as the phone was stolen when I was abroad it was never used for the last 6 months of the bloody contract either but - again - that's another story. Anyway when I got back to the UK for me hols in December last year I asked what I had to do to close the account and was told they would send me a disconection number which i had to include in a letter to them stating I wanted the contract cancelled. I duly did this in January but then got a letter from debt colletors in March demanding money for unpaid accounts with O2 as the creditor. I sent a further letter shortly after this to O2 and received nothing back except a letter from another debt agency in April. Yet another debt agency then contacted me in July threatening me with legal action but by now the sum owed had increased. Now I find that a FOURTH shyster agency has contacted me twice in August, this time threatening "further action". In addition to this when I came back in the UK this summer I found further account statements for July and August this year for the same account from O2 stating that I now owe the sum of £291! Can someone PLEEEEEESE advise what my best course of action is to stop these bullies?

it's very difficult to read one whole large block of text like that :(

Paragraphs help loads :D

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

yes they do of course! lol apols: -

I bought a cashback mobile phone via the internet with an O2 tariff through the carphone Warehouse (as an aside I never received any cashback cheques because of the convoluted and complicated claims process but thats another story) also as the phone was stolen when I was abroad it was never used for the last 6 months of the bloody contract either but - again - that's another story.

Anyway when I got back to the UK for me hols in December last year I asked what I had to do to close the account and was told they would send me a disconection number which i had to include in a letter to them stating I wanted the contract cancelled. I duly did this in January but then got a letter from debt colletors in March demanding money for unpaid accounts with O2 as the creditor.

I sent a further letter shortly after this to O2 and received nothing back except a letter from another debt agency in April! Yet another debt agency then contacted me in July threatening me with legal action but by now the sum owed had increased.

Now I find that a FOURTH shyster agency has contacted me twice in August, this time threatening "further action". In addition to this when I came back in the UK this summer I found further account statements for July and August this year for the same account from O2 stating that I now owe the sum of £291!

Can someone PLEEEEEESE advise what my best course of action is to stop these bullies?

well mobile phone contracts aren't covered by the CCA I'm afraid.

How long was your mobile contract? When was it taken out? when SHOULD it have ended? How much did you have unpaid at the end?

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

The contract was for 12 months and was fully paid up - I paid by DD - I cancelled the DD after 12 months was up at the end of december (the fones were mas pressies) and wrote to them confirmong the cancellation in early January. What they have done since is ignore my letters and keep on billing me every month for the fone i'm not using (and haven't used since it was stolen 6 months into the contract).

They have also sent these loan rotweilers after me and although I now live in the middle east my sons still live at the address the fone was registered in and I'm worried if the baillifs come knocking.

Any advice would be more than greatly appreciated!

I'd send them a copy of the letter of cancellation and ask why they are still harrassing you. Send it by recorded delivery.

The phone being stolen is irrelevant I'm afraid.