Redundancy payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all...

I am due to be made officially redundant next Monday, and I have a few questions that my extremely dim employers can't answer...:rolleyes:

Firstly, when are you entitled to receive the redundancy payout? Mine is quite healthy as I've been there 4 years. I believe I read somewhere that it should be paid on the day you leave or as soon afterwards as possible, but I can't find anything to back it up... My manager said she thinks it's either the payday following the redundancy (which would be end of September) or the month after?? That would be end of October, and 6 weeks after my redundancy.... :confused:

Secondly, I have been making Student Loan Contributions out of my salary for the past 3-4 years now.... can they take from my redundancy payout? If so, that would be a considerable chunk of money gone....

Thirdly, (and this is more out of general interest than anything else really) I have been on long term sick leave from the company for the past year now. During most of this time there has been a claim with the company's insurers for income protection, which was turned down a few weeks ago. My employers then called what would have been the 'final stage' meeting, i.e you either come back to work or you are dismissed. I panicked that they were trying to screw me out of my redundancy payment and immediately insisted they postpone the meeting and said that I'd appeal the decision (in the hope of stalling for time). They did, and then a week later sent me a letter basically saying that I would still be made redundant no matter what. I had a meeting with my manager the other day and she told me that HR had sought legal advice on the situation... (I'm sure she shouldn't have told me that lol...)

So, if they had of decided to try and sack me before my redundancy was due, would this have been wrong? Just to satisfy my own curiousity really... :)

Thanks, and sorry this was quite long- I hope it makes sense!!

:p