Why cant we?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

get out of phone contracts if the phone is no longer getting a signal?

The story so far........ my husband got us 2 contract phones back in Feb on O2 on 18 month contracts

Now, due to unforeseen circumstances we had to move home in May and options were limited so we moved to an area that O2's signal doesnt cover

So now we have to pay the remaining 15 months of the contract for 2 phones we cant use

How fair is that?

We should be able to get out of these contracts in situations like this surely?

Guest Old_andrew2018
get out of phone contracts if the phone is no longer getting a signal?

The story so far........ my husband got us 2 contract phones back in Feb on O2 on 18 month contracts

Now, due to unforeseen circumstances we had to move home in May and options were limited so we moved to an area that O2's signal doesnt cover

So now we have to pay the remaining 15 months of the contract for 2 phones we cant use

How fair is that?

Totally unfair, it just shows how some mobile providers service is just $#!t.

IMO, I think not mobile providers have their customers tied up, I honestly don't know if an appeal to their good nature would help

Regards

Andy

How fair is that?

It is unfair as it is through no fault of your own, but you are tied into the 18 month contract.

The T&C cover it:

2. Provision of and Use of the Service

2.1 The Service is not available in all parts of the United Kingdom nor in all other countries and may be restricted to certain areas within those countries where access to the Service is possible. Not all Mobile Phones will be able to receive the Service. We only agree to provide the Service to Mobile Phones of a make and type approved by us.

2.3 We may, using reasonable skill and care, exercise our discretion to refuse to provide any part of the Service to you (other than the making or receiving of calls). Service is not fault-free and it may be impaired by geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control and you will be entitled to the quality of service generally provided by a competent mobile telecommunications service provider exercising reasonable skill and care.

2.4 We will do our best to provide service to you and any Additional Services requested by you (such as roaming) or if you instruct us to change your Service (e.g. to bar calls) by any date we have agreed with you but our ability to do so

may be affected by circumstances beyond our control.

Appealing to o2's good nature won't get you anywhere as you will be advised of termination fees and the fact that you are still in contract. All I can advise is that after month 9 you reduce your tariff, you will only be able to reduce this by one price point per month until it reaches £20 which will be for the duration of the remaining period of the contract. One month before the end of the contract term, call o2 to give your 30 day termination notice verbally. The one good improvement o2 have made lately.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.