Help with court summons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right back in april i got caught speeding doing 70mph in a 50 Got given a straight up fixed penalty but my licence numbers both on my photocard and paper licence did not match up( lost my photocard last summer and had to send off for a new one) They sent both licenses back with a refund for the fine but today i got a court summons-What's the worst i can expect?

I have no idea but given that you were offered the fixed penalty option which they have turned down you should be able to tell the court that you tried to take up the offer of a fixed penalty but due to the failure of the DVLA to get your licence numbers correct, the offer was withdrawn. Emphasise that you were doing your best to avoid using the courts time and that in the circumstances they should fine you the same amount that you would have paid on the fixed penalty, and that any request for costs should be rejected, given that you did your best to try and pay the fixed penalty.

I would also google "fightback forums" and post this in their speeding section.