Lowell Financial & HSBC over bank charges

sweetcoolface
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just received some letters from lowell saying they bought my debt from Hsbc. I had some problems with my account over some DD that was to come out of my account but to no avail, but leaving couple of £35 charges for unauthorized overdraft and bla..bla....bla charges. I got a default without notice, after passing a job interview and was told I cant get the job because I have a default. I paid some of the money and later moved house and forgot about it.

To my surprise I recieved a letter from Lowell saying I must pay £259.60 or a CCJ would be applied on my name.

Please ...Please what can I do.

Hi Sweetcoolface :),

Welcome to the Consumer Action Group.

I have moved your thead to the HSBC forum.

Help will be along soon.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hiya SCF and welcome to the HSBC forum :)

Your post is a little jumbled but the bones of any of our claims is what is the debt made up of and is it enforceable?

Lowells have bought a debt from HSBC which they are now valuing at £259.60 we need to find out how much of this is penalty charges and if the original credit agreement is enforceable under the Consumer Credit Act.

Have a read of the Frequently asked questions section of the forum you need to send HSBC an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to find out what the debt is made up of and you need to send Lowell's a Consumer Credit Act section 78 request to find out if your original credit agreement is actually enforceable.

Dont worry if they send you any court papers because court is exactly where you want to go to get rid of this debt and any defaults against you in your credit file :). Just let us know what they have sent you and we will help you out with the defence :)

pete

Hi SCF, (and Pete, fancy seeing you here :D)

Just for guidance,

A template letter for S.A.R is here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

And a C.C.A. request is here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

You want letter 'N'

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.