andy099 v The Woolwich

andy099
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,just to let you all know I contacted the Woolwich by telephone (01255 477032),(this phone number is for all to use and its their Customer Care number),asking for details about getting a copy of all my old bank statements so I can calculate the charges.I was told this would be a charge of £5.00 per statement which equals £150.00:mad: .I informed them that the maximum they cold charge was £10.00 under the Data Protection Act,the bank agreed after being on hold;) .

At the Woolwich branch I had the same problem and the bank refused to take my money ( that must be very unusual for a bank):o ,but they did say they would contact me soon after they had some clarification from their head office.We will see what happens,any help would be appreciated.I will keep you all informed,Many thanks,Andy099:) .

:mad: I receved a letter today (13/07/06)from Woolwich collections in Manchester informing me of a "Termination Notice" of the bank account.After several tries I succeded in speaking to someone,after informing them that I was disputing the charges,and furthermore,under current banking rules they could not close the account they agreed.;)

After another call to the Woolwich in which I was informed that "due to the very hight numbers of people wanting reimbursed for bank charges,all such complaints were being submitted to Barclays Bank head office".I was then informed that as a "goodwill gester"they will send me the bank statemants I require free of charge.:) I should receve them within a week.:)

Today I receved a huge envelope with the backdated statements I requested :) ,I think im going to have a busy weekend counting all the charges:( .Andy099.

Just make sure you don't miss any....

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

KES123

Current account & Open plan

Hi I am new to all this and I have just written my DPA letter to the woolwich. At the moment they are about to terminate my account with 900 owing (due to lost of job). I am on Income support so paying this money back will be a nightmare. Does anybody know about something I heard from a friend that states that the courts are going to make things harder for people claiming back their charges? right now that is the last thing i need to hear. I am only claiming for the current account, my open plan is fine so far and I receive my benefit in that account. Is there a possibility that they may decide to close that account? Lots of confusion but willing to give it a go

Hi:),Firstly my I wish you good luck in your quest,you should read some of the cases againsed the Woolwich and also read the F.E.Qs this will help you.I however advise you to open another account just incase as I think the Woolwich may try and close both your account.Andy099

(Aqua)Data Protection letter sent 14/07/06:) .

:) Well i,ve done all my counting and the Woolwich have taken £1076.03 :mad: .I will be looking for it all back.Preliminary letter sent,I eagerly wait for their response :) .I'll let you all know what happens next ;) .Andy099.

(Aqua) Data Protection Act letter sent 14/07/06 :) .

(Woolwich)Preiminary letter sent 21/07/06;) .

Guest Mumofthreeboys
KES123

Current account & Open plan

Hi I am new to all this and I have just written my Data Protection Act letter to the woolwich. At the moment they are about to terminate my account with 900 owing (due to lost of job). I am on Income support so paying this money back will be a nightmare. Does anybody know about something I heard from a friend that states that the courts are going to make things harder for people claiming back their charges? right now that is the last thing i need to hear. I am only claiming for the current account, my open plan is fine so far and I receive my benefit in that account. Is there a possibility that they may decide to close that account? Lots of confusion but willing to give it a go

They can't close your account if it's in dispute!!!

Hi ,mumofthreeboys :) ,Iv already informed the collections dept at the Woolwich that the account is in dispute,and they know they cant close the account :D .Thanks for the help ;) .Andy099

(Aqua) Data Protection letter sent 14/07/06 :) .

(Woolwich)Preliminary letter sent 21/07/06 :) .

• 3 weeks later...

Help !!,Iv just found out the Royal Mail lost my Preliminary letter to the Woolwich :mad: .I have however had some dialog with the Barkleys head office.Today I receved a letter offering me £515.00 in full and final settlement (its that or nothing).I have informed them I would accept their offer as a part settlement whoever,this was unacceptable to the Woolwich :(

Should I resend my Preliminary letter that got lost or now send a L.B.A letter? Any ideas!!! I would be gratefull for any guidance :confused: ,Andy099.

(Woolwich)Preliminary letter £1076.03 sent 21/07/06 lost by Royal Mail.

9/8/06 £515.00 offered = refused.

(Capilal one G/F)Preliminary letter £160.00 sent 2/8/06 :) .

(Aqua) Data Protection letter sent 03/08/06 :-) .

(Capital One)Preliminary letter £160.00 sent 8/8/06 :) .

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Help !!,Iv just found out the Royal Mail lost my Preliminary letter to the Woolwich :mad: .I have however had some dialog with the Barkleys head office.Today I receved a letter offering me £515.00 in full and final settlement (its that or nothing).I have informed them I would accept their offer as a part settlement whoever,this was unacceptable to the Woolwich :(

Should I resend my Preliminary letter that got lost or now send a L.B.A letter? Any ideas!!! I would be gratefull for any guidance

Have the PO told you the letter was lost??

Hello Mumofthreeboys,yes,the Royal Mail have informed me that the mail is lost.

(Capilal one G/F)Preliminary letter £160.00 sent 2/8/06 :-) .

(Capital One)Preliminary letter £160.00 sent 8/8/06 :-) .

Andy did you decline their offer via writing or telephone. If you did this by phone i would send a letter out declining this and again demanding full and final settlement and give them 7 days.

If you have already done this the the LBA with schedule is the next step.

Fingers crossed for ya

Voddie xxx:-D

You cant scare me Mr Bank manager i have children:shock:

Andy did you decline their offer via writing or telephone. If you did this by phone i would send a letter out declining this and again demanding full and final settlement and give them 7 days.

If you have already done this the the LBA with schedule is the next step giving them 14 days to payup.

Fingers crossed for ya

If you have already done this the the LBA with schedule is the next step giving them 14 days to payup.

Fingers crossed for ya

oh dont know what happened there it took ages to load up and then there was lots of the same message posted ....oppssssss.....couldnt find a delete button on edit either....mmmmmm must stop flushing head down loo with bleach in :-D

:) Hi vod,thanks for your advise,i think the website went wonky.I'll have a vod for you later :D ,Andy099 :) .

Hi thailand,I have been in touch with the Royal Mail about the lost letter,thanks.Andy099

I do that voddiemonster :D .

:) New Preliminary letter sent today 14/08/06.Lets hope the Royal Mail dont loose this one ;) .

I do that voddiemonster :grin: .

(Woolwich)New Preliminary letter sent 14/08/06.

• 1 month later...

Hi,just to let all the people know I'm still fighting the woolwich :)

• 4 weeks later...

LBA sent :D

LBA sent :D