Cca-they Can't Find Account No. That Cra Provided!

lornarobins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there - I'm in need of some help :confused:

I have CCA'd Link Financial LTD twice about 2 accounts - both 12+2 days have now expired.

The problem is on both occasions they have written back stating "We are unable to trace any account with the details you have provided. We are unable to deal with your request until a correct reference number or client details are provided"

I contacted the CRA's about this and they stated "Please be advised that the above account number is the only one made available to us, therefore we are unable to provide you with any further details"

within my second CCA I specifically made sure I provided all the relevant info as shown on my credit reports - please see below:

Provider:Shop Direct Financial Services Ltd

Account Type:Mail Order

Account Number:

Account Status: Default

Name :

House Name or Number :

Post Code :

Credit File Ref No :

Account Number :

Current Balance:

Start Date :

End Date :

They returned my CCA request letters - BUT NOT THE £1 postal orders!

There is a twist - I was impatient in waiting for my 1st cca request to come back to me so I called there office and spoke to lady in the CCA Legal Debt - She asked if she could investigate and call me back later - She did - she stated that she found the account with some basic info, but could not find any credit agreement - she stated that if it was not there then there probably wasn't one. I took her name and the exact address to send CCA requests.

However they wrote back stating they couldn't find the account no - the CCA letter was not address to her but to the same department.

My question is - what do I do now??? They still have a legal obligation to provide the credit agreement don't they??

I have given as much info as I can - the dates, amounts, account numbers were obtained from my credit file and are exactly the same from all 3 CRA's. 1 of the accounts has a CCJ and the other has a default registered on my credit report.

WHAT'S MY NEXT STEP?? - HOW CAN I GET THE DEFAULT REMOVED??

You have done all you can with a more than one reasonable attempts. The emphasis is on them to find them if they can't then it is game over for them.....

As for the default removal then the only likely way is to take them to court as this cagger has done...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/115280-useful-information.html

Thanks 42Man your a gem - I do believe there're lying in order to delay the matter - I've given them all the info I can find - provided by the CRA!

They are now in default, and my main aim is to get these defaults removed ASAP, however I'm sure that they will not comply with this request!

Do you think I can take them to court ASAP, especially if I believe they don't have credit agreements??

How long should I wait before taking them to court??

Also are there any letters that you know of that I could send to them at this stage, urging them to remove the default quickly, as well as threatening court action!!

I'm really getting fed up of going around in circles - I'm also in the same position with DCA Link Financial Ltd - they are also in default of my CCA request - they keep sending me silly letters, but no mention of default removal!!

It seems so unfair that these companies could potentially lead you on for months when they are fully aware they have no Credit agreement, thus no legal grounds to enforce the debt - they should amicably remove all defaults!!

Surely there must be an automatic way of removing defaults if they cannot provide a CA??

In my inpatients - I have this morning contacted the very nice lady I Spoke to previously about these accounts at their admin support department. She had previously told me there was no credit agreement.

I told her that I'd spoke to someone at head office regarding the so called "untraceable accounts" and they'd told me to call her back for further investigation (this was a little white lie, just a little one!).

I also told her that they had said if she knew where to find the accounts, and could not find a CA she should then write me a letter immediately informing me of this!

I know we should not enter into any verbal correspondence with these companies but I chose my words EXTREMELY carefully - and I just don't want to sit for months in credit limbo when I know I never had any agreement with these people in the first instance.

As of writing this reply she is still investigating it and will get back to me in a few hours - I will let you know the outcome later today!

Let me know what you think of my questions above - Thanks again!