full hgv morph into provisional

WOOD73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received a reply from them.

Dear Mr Wood

I refer to your recent query regarding your driving licence.

I have checked our records carefully but cannot confirm that you previously held full LGV entitlement. Before we can consider issuing you with that entitlement you will need to provide evidence of previously holding full LGV entitlement since 1st April 1986. Sufficient evidence would be, for example, a copy of a previous LGV licence or a letter from someone, preferably an employer, who can confirm seeing your most recent LGV licence, giving the class of vehicle that you were covered to drive and the dates shown on your most recent licence.

Any information that you can supply will be given urgent and sympathetic consideration.

Please note if your last licence expired before 1st April 1986, we would now be unable to renew it.

A pre-paid envelope is enclosed for your reply.

Yours sincerely

Michelle Small

problem is, I have been self employed for the last 4 years and my previous 3 employers have all gone bust!

any ideas, or am I stuffed on this one?

"Before we can consider issuing you with that entitlement you will need to provide evidence of previously holding full LGV entitlement since 1st April 1986"

could this be construed as an admission that their information is not correct?

It could be an admission that their methods of retaining data relating to test passes is not up to scratch, but it is also their usual tactic of putting the onus on you to prove you have passed the test. Given that the only proof that you get is the test pass certificate, which then has to be sent to DVLA, then that is pretty difficult.

That's why I would do a SAR under the Data Protection Act and find out exactly what information they hold on you. From the DVLA website:-

Release of information about yourself - Driver Register

Enquiries of the Driver Licence Record should be addressed to DCS (Data Subject Enquiries), D4, DVLA, Swansea SA6 7JL. You should give details of your address, driver number or full name and date of birth and reason for request. A fee of £5 is payable.

I have just been in contact with them, and was told if I could get a letter from the employer I worked for 9 years ago, that would probably sort it.

she also confirmed when I mentioned that this wasnt an isolated case and happens all the time.

she said if I had a certificate I could send that in, what certificate that would be is beyond me, as I told her the test certificate was sent in years ago! she said she was just trying to help me, what a laugh!

funny really, they could accept a letter off a former employer, but I myself was until recently an employer, yet they cannot accept a letter off me.

s.a.r and more research I think.

right sent off sar, and wrote to them again explaining the difficulties in providing what they have asked for, I have also stated that since this is their cock up that it is up to them to find evidence that I did not hold the categories, and gave them 7 days to come up with the evidence or reinstate the categories.

that was 7 days ago and guess what, no reply at all!

can I complain about the speed (or lack of) with which they handle complaints? or is that just going too far?

I have also written to a few choice mp's that are meant to oversee this department.

another reply from michelle small today, basically the same rubbish I ve already had, telling me how she has investigated fully etc. but in the opening line she even spelt my name wrong!

I have mailed back asking for it to be escalated to a more senior member of staff.

i have asked by what right she call me a liar and that I am prepared to issue proceedings for defamation of character.

I have again mentioned the amount of other similar cases that have come to my attention, and asked why most should be drawn into an argument with a communist like department where you are guilty until proven innocent, while some just have there categories reinstated straight away.

still havent received sar.

If these cats are on your old license, then they must have had proof ie certificate etc at the time, and are they now saying they made a mistake by having those cats on there?

They have made a boob either way, they had the cert and added it or they didn't have the cert and still added it.

had a letter this morning, which basically says this is our final answer, we will not reinstate without evidence being provided, the dsa only hold records for 2 years, and that I should have informed them earlier.

what else can I do?

had a letter this morning, which basically says this is our final answer, we will not reinstate without evidence being provided, the dsa only hold records for 2 years, and that I should have informed them earlier.

what else can I do?

Who gave you that response, is that as a result of going through the various stages of their complaints procedure?

had sar back, no record of test on it!

at my wits end with this, I think I should just admit defeat, so I am looking for a loan now to pay to retake the test(s), 4 of them in all, think of all those test fees.

I just dont know what else I can do, as I dont think they are going to budge.

If anyone has any more ideas, please let me know.

thanks for all the help.