Mark vs HSBC

crazymaca69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys i have started a claim against hsbc in the bid to claim back my 6 years of charges.

I m currently writing out the letter using your template. I have a query about the following part of the letter:

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

ok..

so with regards to the interest applied..

can I work this out or do i have to sift through the statements again adding up all the interest applied to my account?

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the 2nd one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large often doesn't amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before.moneyclaim

Cool ok thanks for that..

Next thing is the template advises you to send a summary of charges.

Now what do I do here? highlight all the charges on the statement and send that with a document totalling up the charges?

or will say an excel document with all chrges incurred be enough?

• 4 weeks later...

ok I sent my initial letter and included the excel document on the 12th July.

On the 29th July I had received no reply and so sent my second and final letter threatening legal action. Roughly 7 days later I received a reply from the initial letter, offering me a sum of £1990 in response to my £2695 claim. As the forum suggests I don't wish to accept this.

Should I send another Letter to them similar to the second letter, threatening legal action, (ie send the same letter twice), or should I wait for a response from that second letter.

• 4 weeks later...

ok i have submitted my claim to the court through moneyclaim. Trouble is I didn't realise you had a template and so wrote a brief description of the claim. The ref is 6qz59634. could somebody please check this and see if it going to be ok.

If not is there a way to update the claim?

cheers

• 1 month later...

hey guys, so Ive been having correspondance from DG solicitores basically wasting time since I put my claim in on moneyclaim. Yesterday I got a letter offering me £3000 which is about £300 off the final sum.

So I checked on moneyclaim today and they have put up a defence!

What does this mean?

Should I just accept the offer or wait?