• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys,

Why all the subterfuge?

If anyone knows who TIE is, lets name him and get him out of the closet?

If he is connected with Swift and exposure might get him in trouble - so what?

At least give him/her a chance to confrim or deny?

Why all the fannying about?

m

Site protocol Marky, site protocol - be like giving your details out and you wouldn't want that would you? - Everyone is entitled to an opinion - controversial or otherwise.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning Sparkie,

Re: Eastern Counselling

I was charged a fee for this by Swift, but never received any documents, phone calls, e-mails or visits in connection with this and the first I knew was when I sent my SAR to Swift. I was charged for something which never took place!

Kind regards - hope you are well,

Dougal

PS : Just reported Swift and Rajiv Puri to the police for Fraud under the 2006 Act!...watch this space!

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Guest takeiteasy
Site protocol Marky, site protocol - be like giving your details out and you wouldn't want that would you? - Everyone is entitled to an opinion - controversial or otherwise.

To reiterate what I've said before, I stumbled on this site looking for something else. That issue was resolved a long time ago. I was intrigued by Sparkie's "dedication" to your collective cause. I also was surprised by the amount of misinformation coming from him and how most members of this board believed everything he said. It's now 5-6 months (?) since I first posted and as I said then, not a single "big news", "any day now", "top secret" claim he has made has come to fruition. Despite that, so many people continue to think he is going to be the saviour and bring Swift down. I've never once said Swift are innocent or ethical. What I've said is the majority of Sparkie's rants are simply rants and nothing else. None of you ever call him to the carpet when he says all these things and they never happen and I find that amazing. When one of his posts dont materialize, he humbly says he let everyone down, then inevitably, everyone tells him to hang in there and what an inspiration he is. I'm sorry, I just think that is wrong. Check his posts on this board and about 3 others he posts on and you'll see nothing he claims has ever happened. I do not work for Swift, dont give a rats a** about them and genuinely hope if they have screwed people they get what's coming to them. I'm sure this board has helped many of you and that's a great thing. Take the time and re-read Sparkie's posts and start asking questions why not a single one of his claims have developed.

Haven’t posted for a while, I’m over in N. Ireland on “holiday” but I have a question for everyone.

Can everyone check their direct debit mandates and see if this sort code is on the direct debit ………40-21-66.

If you recognise that sort code, has anyone got an account number to go with it, it will be a big help if you can let me know …just post “yea or nay”…

Had a couple of nice chats with the authorities over here, they wanted to know what I know.

Thanks

sparkie

Nice to see that TIE is back on the thread, have you all noticed that it is only me that he responds to ....he must like me really ....I just would like to remind TIE that it took 3 years to bring Gmac to heel and that was purely about fees and charges...cost them £10 million or so.

I would like to ask TIE some questions that may make me change my mind a little.

As he has 10 years experience in the Finance industry, would he like to give his professional opinion of the 3 Kestrel Loan Companies operated by "Swift Directors".

1...Why and how do they claim to lend money to the public/consumer....when they do not lend a penny.

2...Why and how can they have loans on their books when they do not lend a penny?

3...How can have these loans ( which they have bought) on their books when they have no OFT licence ...no FSA licence and no ICO licence ....can TIE explain how this can be done .....remember they bought FSA regulated mortgages and CCA regulated and CC unregulated loan agreements.

Bearing in mind none of them securitise loans.

4...TIE knows full well that all the Kestrel Companies are there for is to borrow money for Swift Advances plc and Swift 1st Ltd because Swift cannot borrow it on their own if they did they would be bankrupt, their liabilities would be greater than their assets ....by getting the Kestrel companies to borrow the money and " buy loans" they turn liabilities into assets....clever.....but not clever enough......the authorities DO KNOW what is happening ....especially over here ....why do you think I have come to N.Ireland TIE?................or are you one of the misguided who believe the Irish are "thick"? I can tell you they are far from it.

5..Why do they get their risk manager to swear on oath in courts of law that Swift Advances plc do not pay commission? ..they pay millions and millions of pounds every year?

Edited by Sparkie1723

hello am new to forum but just had a conversation with a customer rep from swift who told me that swift had paid 1923 into my account for charges in MARCH 10 have not had ant notification of this !!!!but heres the killer I borrowed £20,000 from them in May 2004 and I still owe then 30,934 she told me that my payment of 346.76 a month is still only paying interest and actually its falling £30 short each month -------------so I have not paid one flaming penny of my amount since 2004 !!!!Where do I start with this one ?Asked Jade to send me a full statement of my account all payments charges etc so will wait and see so my mates where do I start to fight this fight ?Jade told me £4200 had been added to loan for 5yrs PPI but after that 5 years was not covered asked her what proportion of monthly payment was PPI she said none ?Arranged loan via Ocean finance rang them they said could not complain to them as I took it with then 2004 and now its a different company ???So starting point anyone ???please

hello am new to forum but just had a conversation with a customer rep from swift who told me that swift had paid 1923 into my account for charges in MARCH 10 have not had ant notification of this !!!!but heres the killer I borrowed £20,000 from them in May 2004 and I still owe then 30,934 she told me that my payment of 346.76 a month is still only paying interest and actually its falling £30 short each month -------------so I have not paid one flaming penny of my amount since 2004 !!!!Where do I start with this one ?Asked Jade to send me a full statement of my account all payments charges etc so will wait and see so my mates where do I start to fight this fight ?Jade told me £4200 had been added to loan for 5yrs PPI but after that 5 years was not covered asked her what proportion of monthly payment was PPI she said none ?Arranged loan via Ocean finance rang them they said could not complain to them as I took it with then 2004 and now its a different company ???So starting point anyone ???please

Hi Ozzie

Good to hear from yet another satisfied Swift customer!!!

Your situation is all too familiar unfortunatlely. Like you I was introduced to Swift by Ocean Finance, and I have written to them thanking them for helping me make the biggest financial mistake of my life, but they dont want to know - its good to know firms like Ocean Finance are in the business of helping people though?

All I can offer you is to get the OFT involved - despite the good work some are doing on here, in my opinion it is only these guys who have the teeth to do some damage to Swift - they must have a whole room dedicated to their Swift files by now, so add your contribution to that effort and mail;

[email protected] and [email protected]

I am sure they will be interested in your case.

m

Thankyou will do those e-mails asap and will keep you all posted am going to join the fight along with all us happy swift customers am going to phone also to question the info Jade from SWIFT gave me over the phone re PPI interstingly enough Ocean tell me thay are no longer dealing with Swift--------

Just looked at your link thats interesting have spent all this morning looking at all the links on site and am gobsmacked at how many people are being ripped off by this lot you all give me hope and strenght to carry on fighting these lot !!!!

Back from N. Ireland now........... had some good long chats with certain authorities over there, we sorted out some very important things, I was treated like an “Emperor” and “King”….mean anything to anyone??

Folks can take my word…… or………. “Take It Easy’s” but things will happen/start from over there very they are taking every thing we have presented them with seriously ….they see where we are coming from.

“Strickley” speaking though I will have to “ Double” check with my “Colleagues” over there before I give you more updates.

Finally can anyone tell me if they can prove that their loan agreement was set up by a broker,…………. who they have later found that the broker did not have a CCA licence, issued by the OFT?................... Just go to the OFT public register and search for the name of their broker and get back to me, if their broker did not have a licence …..and there is a lot that didn’t.................will be very helpful

Thanks

sparkie

PS We now know that the sort code 40-21-66 we thought was a sort code is not a sort code ....it is what is called a passport number..........we thought it was something to do with the HSBC Bank as their sort codes begin with 40.

Enquiries made,.. tell us that once money is paid into that passport account, it can go anywhere...........i.e. very very hard to trace where it goes to .....Bank we asked to trace it said they couldnt tell us?????

Hi Sparkie

Glad you had a good holiday!!! Something to do with penguins?!

I wonder if this "passport" number is why Swift are so keen, when we pay by credit or debit card over the phone, to encourage us to pay via their website or direct debit. I wouldn't trust them with a direct debit mandate anyway.

Talk soon I hope!

x SJ

Hi Sparkie

Glad you had a good holiday!!! Something to do with penguins?!

I wonder if this "passport" number is why Swift are so keen, when we pay by credit or debit card over the phone, to encourage us to pay via their website or direct debit. I wouldn't trust them with a direct debit mandate anyway.

Talk soon I hope!

x SJ

Hi sweetjane

Yes Thanks

Had a good holiday ...but it was sort of a busmans holiday did quite a bit of work.......found out some more good stuff ...which I ncan't post now but I will do......I made a complaint to the Police fraud squad ...got a crime number .......sent them some stuff that they think is "very interesting" they will be back in touch ASAP.

ICO wants answers off Kestrel Loans No 1 Ltd....they will not fob this caseworker off ....he knows something is amiss.

sparkie

Had a copy of a letter to my MP from John Fingleton about Swift Advances, Chief Executive of OFT which includes the following: "In considering the fitness of an applicant or licensee the OFT considers any matters which appear to it to be relevant and in particular any evidence tending to show that the applicant has amongst other things engaged in business practices appearing to the OFT to be decietful, opressive or otherwise unfair or improper. The information "Sweetjane" has provided to the OFT will be considered in relation to Swift Advances plc's application. The Act (Consumer Credit Act 1974) also requires an applicant to have all names under which he intends to carry on licensable activities on the consumer credit licence. A licensee who carries on a licensable activity under a name not specified in his licence commits an offence under the Act; however this will not render relevant credit agreements unenforceable".

Does anyone know how Swift Advances plc or their people might be punished if they are deemed to have "commited an offence"?

SJx

KPMG fined record $10m over Gemstar.....2004

Guess who audits ALL of the Kestrel Holdings Ltd group of companies?????, when we contacted one of the big bosses of KPMG last year and told him of the "discrepancies" we found in their accounts ...unsigned accounts lodged with companies house etc etc he said " They will only get their knuckles rapped"....we'll see soon.

sparkie

Hi Guys,

Had a look into the issue of the 'sort code' 402166 quoted on Swift Advances DD mandates and it's actually their Direct Debit Originator's Identification Number. In this case it just happens to be six digits so it looks a bit like a sort code but it's a completely different reference number. If you search the term Originator's Identification Number or OIN you will find loads of explanations returned from wikipedia, aptbacs etc which give further information.

Swift Advances DD Mandate.pdf

Not sure if it's worked but I've tried to attach a Direct Debit Mandate from Swift's website to demonstrate the point. Sort codes and account numbers are generally only found on standing order mandates or given as the details required for internet banking payments.

Hope this clarifies things.

Morning all,

My thoughts were that 'Swift Advances plc', do not and never have actually existed in that format as a plc!

Am I missing something?.... Answers on a postcard....:-)

Best wishes as always

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Registered with Companies House

Company Details

Name & Registered Office:

SWIFT ADVANCES PLC

ARCADIA HOUSE

WARLEY HILL BUSINESS PARK

THE DRIVE GREAT WARLEY

BRENTWOOD ESSEX

CM13 3BE

Company No. 01800474

Date of Incorporation: 15/03/1984

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Public Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

6523 - Other financial intermediation

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2009 (GROUP)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 02/02/2010

Next Return Due: 02/03/2011

Last Members List: 02/02/2010

Previous Names:

Date of change

Previous Name

13/05/2004

SWIFT ADVANCES LIMITED

01/04/1995

PURBECK HOUSE SECURITIES LIMITED

11/05/2004

SWIFT ADVANCES PLC

LL

Company Details

SWIFT ADVANCES PLC

ARCADIA HOUSE

THE DRIVE GREAT WARLEY

BRENTWOOD ESSEX

CM13 3BE

Company No. 01800474

Previous Names:

Date of change

Previous Name

13/05/2004

SWIFT ADVANCES LIMITED

01/04/1995

11/05/2004

SWIFT ADVANCES PLC

LL[/quote

We are going to have to get a lsit of their "public" shareholders from companies house ( if tey really have any) and let these share holders know what is going on and see what their recaction is.

Will look into this aspect.

sparkie

Company Details

SWIFT ADVANCES PLC

ARCADIA HOUSE

THE DRIVE GREAT WARLEY

BRENTWOOD ESSEX

CM13 3BE

Company No. 01800474

Previous Names:

Date of change

Previous Name

13/05/2004

SWIFT ADVANCES LIMITED

01/04/1995

11/05/2004

SWIFT ADVANCES PLC

LL[/quote

We are going to have to get a list of their "public" shareholders from companies house ( if they really have any) and let these share holders know what is going on and see what their recaction is.

I Will look into this aspect and find out somehow

sparkie

Might take a while got some other stuff going on at the moment.

From Business Link web site

Set up and register a limited company (private or public)

Requirements for public limited companies

A public limited company (plc) must meet the following requirements:

• it must have at least two directors - who may also be members of the company it must have at least one director who is an individual all individual directors must be aged 16 or over
  • it must have at least one qualified secretary

The secretary must:

• have held the office of secretary of a plc for at least three of the five years before their appointment be a barrister, advocate or solicitor called or admitted in any part of the UK by virtue of their previous experience or membership of another body, appear to the directors to be capable of discharging the functions of secretary
  • be a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, Scotland or Ireland, the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Institute of Management or the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy

When can a plc start business?

A company incorporated as a plc cannot conduct business or exercise borrowing powers unless it has obtained a trading certificate from Companies House, confirming that it has the minimum allotted share capital. To obtain a trading certificate for a plc, you must file form SH50. You can download form SH50 from the Companies House website (PDF, 717K) - Opens in a new window.

It is an offence to trade without a trading certificate and the directors are liable, on conviction, to a fine. For information on share capital and trading certificates, see our guide on company changes you must report to Companies House.

Different rules apply if you intend to re-register from a private company limited by shares or a private unlimited company to a plc. You can read about re-registration on the Companies House website - Opens in a new window.

Please note the name of a public company must end with 'Public Limited Company', or 'plc' or, if it is a company whose registered office is in Wales, 'Cwmni Cyfyngedig Cyhoeddus' or 'CCC'.

LL

Edited by lesterlass
Cleaning up

Good afternoon,

Thanks for clearing that up for me...I must check my facts about this company!

Regards as always

Dougal

Sparkie

Did you get a chance to look at the PM I sent you?

LL:D

Yes I did thanks....not sure is you spelt "promice" right ....our broker was Promise Finance Ltd, who went bust in april 2008...so I have to challenge Swift Advances plc on the secret commission issue ...which I will be doing very soon under the Unfair Relationship ...section 140 of the New Consumer Credit Act............I would post a copy of my draft claim to date .....but I do not think members will have the patience to read it ........it is over 95 paragraphs long....and is pretty severe for Swift Advances plc....even if I lose on 50% of my claim...... I'm on a winner.

The section that is a killer for all creditors is section 140B (9)....I have it on a good authority from a barrister who has represented some of the big Banks ...who has said the Banks are not happy with this at all, in fact a little bit frightened of it.

You can bring all other statutes and regulations into a claim under this section not just the Consumer legislation.

I can send anyone a copy of it by e-mail if they would like to spend quite a time reading it ....there is something for everyone to use in it.

I am in the process of sending them a part 31.16. CPR to further support it

sparkie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks