• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do I have to add interest at 8%. Mrs Foot it appears was warned about costs and i must admit it does worry me.

"HH asked me did i expect to pay reasonable charges for not paying my mortgage on time..yes i replied, that was exactly what i expected to pay, but these charges werre not reasonable i argued. Exactly HH said. HH then stated about the cost of this case, mentioning that if it was to continue it could run into thousands of pounds which did i realise i would have to pay if i lost. He then said that did the defence realise that if i won they would be footing their own costs. He went into great detail about this subject and Defence asked for it to be then placed into multi track where it belonged. HH then called a short adjournment for both sides to consider this. When he came back in both me and OH had decided to continue, al;ong the track of Defence breaching their own contract. There are a few reasons for this which has to remain confidential for a while (sorry). HH was relieved at this and we got the feeling he would have dismissed the claim on the basis of penalty charges. He said it was more the mortgage company had breached their own contract by charging unreasonable charges."

That's useful to know OD. Good luck with this, be interesting to see how it transpires.

I don't suppose anyone has obtained a copy of the so called TIF (Title Indemnity Fee) insurance policy have they?

I think all Swift accounts get charged a fee of about £160 but no-one ever seems to get the policy document.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can i ask where the quote comes from in post 402?

Also as this thread has become very long it may be worth the OP summarising the current postion in your post or even in your signnature so that you can get more help for your particular problem:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 3 weeks later...

Did they provide any of the following OD ?

· details of any agreements between lender/broker/packager, written or unwritten, in relation to commissions or any other payments

· Underwriting sheet or other such document recording any commission (or other) payment made to an intermediary or packager

Did they provide any of the following OD ?

· details of any agreements between lender/broker/packager, written or unwritten, in relation to commissions or any other payments

· Underwriting sheet or other such document recording any commission (or other) payment made to an intermediary or packager

No only the items displayed previously.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

Write back to them stating that they have not complied fully with your data protection request and ask that they supply the above items....!!!! I presume your loan came through a broker !!

Good morning everyone

Just wanted to say that I too have a loan (secured) with Swift, and this has mysteriously increased from £16,000 to £25,000!!:eek:

Just sharpening my pencil now........

Watch this space, I have just sent SAR and will keep you all posted.

Best wishes to everyone

Dougal

Good morning everyone

Just wanted to say that I too have a loan (secured) with Swift, and this has mysteriously increased from £16,000 to £25,000!!:eek:

Just sharpening my pencil now........

Watch this space, I have just sent SAR and will keep you all posted.

Best wishes to everyone

Dougal

welcome to the club Dougal, see if you can obtain the Title Indemnity fee insurance policy from them during this process of info gathering and also find out if you can how they securitise their portfolio - they'll say they don't, but they do somewhere along the line, probably through Barclays...

SC

welcome to the club Dougal, see if you can obtain the Title Indemnity fee insurance policy from them during this process of info gathering and also find out if you can how they securitise their portfolio - they'll say they don't, but they do somewhere along the line, probably through Barclays...

SC

I know of a Swift manager who has said. we are NOT intitled to this policy. stating

` It is between the Insurance company and Swift, what benifit does it have to you? Its protection is for the company and is under the data protection act, relating to personal information WE HOLD ABOUT YOU`

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?:

I know of a Swift manager who has said. we are NOT intitled to this policy. stating

` It is between the Insurance company and Swift, what benifit does it have to you? Its protection is for the company and is under the data protection act, relating to personal information WE HOLD ABOUT YOU`

As we pay for it, surely we are entitled to it? My barrister says it's a 'relevant document' to the Agreement as it's included in it so we should have a copy...

Write back to them stating that they have not complied fully with your data protection request and ask that they supply the above items....!!!! I presume your loan came through a broker !!

I did not do a data protection request. I just asked or a breakdown of where my money went when the house was sold.

Well OD....do a SAR request as there is probably some hidden commission that was bunged to the broker, that bung was paid for by you (and I don't mean the figure on your agreement either).....the underwriting sheet is what you need....

Well OD....do a SAR request as there is probably some hidden commission that was bunged to the broker, that bung was paid for by you (and I don't mean the figure on your agreement either).....the underwriting sheet is what you need....

I paid 1500 brokers fee to "Regency" Clause V of Swift agreement says,

If you used a broker, it was because you choose to. If you have asked us to include your broker's fee in your loan, we will pay this amount direct to your broker. However, this fee is not our responsibility. It is up to you to make sure it is paid. You confirm that you have not paid any other fees to do with this agreement. Any broker you have hired is acting as your agent or representative. We are not responsible for any statement your broker makes.

So, I don't see how Swift could give a secret handout.

Edited by overdone

Good morning all,

Absolutely right....I've checked my agreement and they added on the commission to the loan WITHOUT asking me first (not a sensible thing to do, because it brings out the terrier in me!).

So I shall pursue this 'doggedly' (pardon the pun), but I will succeed sooner or later.

In the meantime I await the reply to my SAR.

Best wishes to all as always

Dougal

Hi Dougal,

For clarity when you say they added" Commission" to your loan without asking you .....do you mean "The Brokers Fees" as this is not commission there is a subtle difference.

If you read the important notes on the agreement ...It says we have deducted the Brokers etc etc inl ine with your instructions and the terms of the agreement or words to that effect.................it is in the fine print that they say they may pay your broker "Commission".

This is what Swift rely on when you challenge the brokers fees.

I have an argument with this as I contend that in law these important notes are not in the terms and conditions of their agreenments they are purely important notes, therefore they are not terms and conditions.

They are aslo BELOW the signature Box so you have not given them signed authority to pay the Brokers fees and other charges, it can be argued that you did not read these important notes BEFORE you signed the agreement for the simple reason they are below the signature box....this argument with Swift is on going.

sparkie

Absolutely....and the bung paid was YOUR money....!! follow this route closely OD....

Someone will have to give me a clue. There are no terms and conditions under my signature, only overleaf. If there is a commission clause, what letter or number in your agreements does the clause have?

Hi Overdone,

I've been looking through our agreement and I can't find this either - maybe ours are a different format:(

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Why May A Loan Be Unenforceable?

When your loan contract was created, the lender had a responsibility to ensure that the contract ‘ticked all the correct boxes’ in terms of legislation, laws, rules and regulations. If this was not done correctly then the contract may have irregularities and be unenforceable.

Swift have sworn in court that they do everything right? and their brokers are reputable, so they are responsible, that is why there is an Insurance added to your contract, and you pay for it to protect them???

• Haha 1

Why May A Loan Be Unenforceable?

When your loan contract was created, the lender had a responsibility to ensure that the contract ‘ticked all the correct boxes’ in terms of legislation, laws, rules and regulations. If this was not done correctly then the contract may have irregularities and be unenforceable.

Swift have sworn in court that they do everything right? and their brokers are reputable, so they are responsible, that is why there is an Insurance added to your contract, and you pay for it to protect them???

I've been advised that this Insurance - the Title Indemnity fee is a part of the credit agreement which should be disclosed..anyone ever seen one? It apparently is to protect Swift in case your property happened to belong to the church in the 1600's and the friendly bishop comes up and tells you he wants their land back....just a nice little earner for Swift if you ask me...Be interesting to ask under the Freedom of Info Act how many claims have actually been made against this policy in the last 10 yrs...wonder if that's possible?

I've been advised that this Insurance - the Title Indemnity fee is a part of the credit agreement which should be disclosed..anyone ever seen one? It apparently is to protect Swift in case your property happened to belong to the church in the 1600's and the friendly bishop comes up and tells you he wants their land back....just a nice little earner for Swift if you ask me...Be interesting to ask under the Freedom of Info Act how many claims have actually been made against this policy in the last 10 yrs...wonder if that's possible?

swift refuse to send it to someone on the grounds that it was there to protect them, also that it held information and under the data protection act they could not send it, this information it held they said is actually about you, stupid idiots. lol

Hi Overdone,

I've been looking through our agreement and I can't find this either - maybe ours are a different format:(

Regards,

Landy x

HI Landy & Overdone.

If you look in the document

6.. Declaration by you and the use of your personal information

Point 6..Says This:....

"If your loan was introduced to Swift by a broker then it islikely that Swift will pay the broker commission"

This is not in the general terms and conditions of the actual agreement it is "hidden away" and is very hard to spot. ( as you have discovered that its hard to find)

That's why I believe it can be classed as a "secret" commission.;)

sparkie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks