Please help me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Missplod,

I really feel for you, I am quite a bit in debt and know how awful it is to feel helpless to do anything about it. I am now with CCCS for about a year and they have been fantastic. When I first rang them I was thinking exactly the same as you and that I wouldn't have enough left over to cover any of my debts. They went through my income and expenditures plan and I was left with only £70 a month for all my debts, I actually said to the advisor what was I going to do as I didn't think that would be enough and she said that if that all you've got then you can't pay any more. So true! Also one of the good things about it is that they ask the credit cards and loans to freeze the interest so you are just paying off the balance and they will split the payment between all your debtors so the highest gets the most etc. If your circumstances get better or you have extra money some months then you can give them more than your agreement and so it will be paid off quicker.

Try not to be so hard on yourself, you have taken the first steps to sorting out your debt problems. Also have you checked that you are getting all the benefits you can? Tax credits are a lifeline for me and you can often get Council Tax benefit if you are on a low income (I got £100 off last year which isn't amazing but every little helps). I hope things look up for you soon *hugs*

Hi Missplod,

I am sorry to hear you so upset, I too have a young family and big debts that I am struggling to pay so I understand your concerns.

Hopefully the cccs will help on the 9th.

Take care and remember what is really important in life!!!

In your opinion what is the likely hood of the CCCS accepting to take my case with a surplus amount of only £141 and so many creditors and high monthly payments.

there is a VERY good chance of you being referred for a DMP. I refer clients with that level of surplus on a daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on holiday for 2 weeks, just catching up. So glad you've got that appointment, please let us know how you got on. Fingers crossed you're now starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care

Suzi

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D