Carbot and Barclay Card with Littlewoods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I came to this site to get some advice for my mum, but since joining I realise that I have some issues of my own to pursue.

In Nov 07 I was contacted by Cabot who informed me that they have taken over my Barclay's account and that I should now correspond with them. They also enclosed a letter from Barclay's, and at the time I thought this was legitimate, until I read your posts on Cabot. It seems that I now need to establish if they legally own the debt.

Should I also write to Barclay's to confirm Cabot's story? Since Nov 07 I have been paying Cabot £2.00 a month and nothing to Barclay's:sad:. Your advice would be much appreciated and could someone please tell me where to find the letter templates on this site.

Thank you

Edited by InnerBeauty
spelling

Hello everyone.

I came to this sight to get some advice for my mum, but since joining I realise that I have some issues of my own to pursue.

In Nov 07 I was contacted by Cabot who informed me that they have taken over my Barclay's account and that I should now correspond with them. They also enclosed a letter from Barclay's, and at the time I thought this was legitimate, until I read your posts on Cabot. It seems that I now need to establish if they legally own the debt.

Should I also write to Barclay's to confirm Cabot's story? Since Nov 07 I have been paying Cabot £2.00 a month and nothing to Barclay's:sad:. Your advice would be much appreciated and could someone please tell me where to find the letter templates on this site.

Thank you

Send a CCA to Cabot - enclose £1, which they will return and then just wait and see what happens. Don't sign the CCA request though- and send it recorded.

Just hate every DCA out there

I have found that this has backfired on Cap One.

We all know that they don't sell the debt, but I have a letter from them saying they have. So I claimed back my charges from Cap One who instantly off set the payment against my balance. I wasn't having any of that as they had 'SOLD' the debt ;)

JOgs

I'm not sure what you mean havinastella, you mean Barclays do not sell their debt?

How did you claim back your charges from Cap One, are they charges for non payment of account?

I plan to send a couple of letters out on monday asking for my CCA from Capquest and also Barlcays to confirm they have sold the debt, is that the right move now?

I would appreciate some advice.