Credit reports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I would like to check my credit reports but am concerned that doing so may open up the floodgates from debt collection agencies. Any debt I may have had is over 6 years old so should be statute barred but I really have no desire to be hounded.

Also, if a debt is older than 6 years old does it come off your credit report automatically or do you have to do it yourself.

Thanks for your help.

Anything older than 6 years (either from date of default or settlement date) should be removed automatically.

It is possible that applying for your credit report will result in sudden contact from various debt collectors - I've seen many reports of it happening, though I don't have personal experience of this.

Based on the above, unless you're desperate to see your report or prepared to issue 'statute barred' letters for ever more, I wouldn't bother just yet. Are you absolutely certain everything will be over 6 years?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi,

Thanks for that. I have to admit you have confirmed my suspicions. I am 99% certain that it is all over 6 years but really do not want to have to keep sending out letters. I don't need to see my report, I suppose. It was just to see if it had automatically cleared. I have just moved back to the Uk and eventually will want bank accounts etc.