• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can anyone tell me the possible implications of this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got confirmation from court that defence is filed ok and a copy is on the way to the claimants sols.

Just one question, it states they have 28 days after receiving it to respond, so when do i start counting the 28 days?

Is it 28+5 from the date of the confirmation or something like that?:???:

rite dont quote me but i think it is this.

they send by standard mail wait 2 working days then it is classed as served.

28 days starts 2 working days after service. i may not be rite but u could always ring the courts and ask them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Sorry GM, i missed you had replied thanks.

Well we have some movement from HC sols re the CPU request, strange that, do you think that means they have recieved the deffence? They have sent a copy of the alledged agreement identical to the one on page one of this thread, and i mean identical as in a copy or printout of a copy of the agreemant, but still no sign of the bits that are missing ;)

So HL sols are in no better position in complying with a CCA request than GE where.

Incidently as the responce came from HC sols not CL finance, who i have sent a CCA too, does that mean CL finance are still in default as they have not supplied it, or does there sols sending it count :confused: not that what has been sent complies anyway:rolleyes:

They also sent a few statemants, but knowhere near all of them, but enough to show late payment charges before the alledged default and after so i am sure these where included in the amount alledgadly assigned, do these chrges being included cass as "penalty charges" Andy mentioned earlier. Oh and i recieved what they claim is a copy the deed of assignment, not that i know what one looks like so have no idea if it is one or if its correct and to be honest i cannot see how it prove anything was assigned at all, so a bit bemused by that one

Intrestingly though in the origanal letter that HC sols sent claiming to be a notice of assignment it stated the assignment was made on the 6th, it also claims the 6th on the court claim form too, but the assignment is dated the 7th :confused: cant they get owt right:rolleyes: Does that mean anything though, in the grand scheme of things :idea: I know court claims have to be correct, but is that enough of an error to do anything with as they did have it assigned (all be it unlawfully IMO) by the date of the clam (11th)

Sorry GM, i missed you had replied thanks.

Well we have some movement from HC sols re the CPU request, strange that, do you think that means they have recieved the deffence? They have sent a copy of the alledged agreement identical to the one on page one of this thread, and i mean identical as in a copy or printout of a copy of the agreemant, but still no sign of the bits that are missing ;)

So HL sols are in no better position in complying with a CCA request than GE where.

Incidently as the responce came from HC sols not CL finance, who i have sent a CCA too, does that mean CL finance are still in default as they have not supplied it, or does there sols sending it count :confused: not that what has been sent complies anyway:rolleyes: Yes it counts can you post a copy less your personal details?

They also sent a few statemants, but knowhere near all of them, but enough to show late payment charges before the alledged default and after so i am sure these where included in the amount alledgadly assigned, do these chrges being included cass as "penalty charges" Andy mentioned earlier. Oh and i recieved what they claim is a copy the deed of assignment, not that i know what one looks like so have no idea if it is one or if its correct and to be honest i cannot see how it prove anything was assigned at all, so a bit bemused by that one Notice of assignment you are not privy to the Deed can you also post this?

Intrestingly though in the origanal letter that HC sols sent claiming to be a notice of assignment it stated the assignment was made on the 6th, it also claims the 6th on the court claim form too, but the assignment is dated the 7th :confused: cant they get owt right:rolleyes: Does that mean anything though, in the grand scheme of things :idea: I know court claims have to be correct, but is that enough of an error to do anything with as they did have it assigned (all be it unlawfully IMO) by the date of the clam (11th)

well if the NoA is post dated to the claim then the Claimant does not have the right to make the claim in their name because they are not the legal owners of said debt

Regards

andy:)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

well if the NoA is post dated to the claim then the Claimant does not have the right to make the claim in their name because they are not the legal owners of said debt

Regards

andy:)

That would make what they have sent a big OOoops on there part then :D

The copy of the alledged agreemant is litraly identical to this, http://www.blind-as-a-bat.eu/GE3edited.jpg not much point scanning and posting it again, but will if you want

I will scan the others and post in a bit

Hi Blind

Well that is an application not a CCA if you read carefully its all pre tense ie if when etc does not state if it was approved.

if you get chance to post the NoA will have a look at that for you also.

Regards

Andy;)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Just read that again the NoA pre dated the date of assignmant, but was before the claim was issued if that made sense :confused:

ok to try to clarify as im confuseing myself now :oops:

Timeline

Noa claimed it had been assigned 6th,

copy of the deed of assignment i have recieved today actually dated the 7th

claim from court dated the 11th, but in the POC,s it claims assignment was made to the claiment on the 6th

Ok then the P.O.C is jibberish for a change:D

Ok Blind

Irrespective of the above are the figures all identical ie statement , summons , NoA , DoA?

Andy

Hi

Ok well lets see what their response to your Defence is and you recieve your AQ and we will take it from there

Regards

Andy

May be a side issue but the person who signed the deed of assignment appears to work for both GE and CL.

And dont you have to write you name as well as sign on a legal document?

Its the first one ive ever seen, its also interesting that they are not obliged to show this at this stage??

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Very true CCM

Andy

I must admit i cant see how that signed document (the first four pages) can be tied to the last anyway there is nothing to connect them, the last page is also in a differant font and is a fresh printed document, while the others are what look like photocopys of an older document so they in no way match

I must admit i dont get that DOA at all as to me at least its meaningless and proves nothing :confused:

It just looks to me like something they have concocted, it cant be a genuine legal document to me, fraudulent springs to mind,the strange thing is they didnt have to provide it at this stage, so why would they:confused:

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

hoping i would lose my nerve and get me to cave in maybe ?

Hmmmm... the person assigning is the same person receiving it, so assigning it to himself:confused:

Would be interesting to see a judges reaction to that!:)

• 2 weeks later...

OK the 28 days is up on the 7th or there abouts, if HC sols file a responce to my defence does Mcol update showing they have done so or do i have to contact the court to find out?

Im expecting if they do respond that it will be at the eleventh hour, but i was just wondering how and when i would know if they have responded:???: