Gingerbam vs Barclaycard

gingerbam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

got my response from my Data Protection Act request, only got a years worth of statements as they said statements prior to May 2004 are not available unless I pay 3 per statement as they are not covered by the DPA act of 1998.

I've worked out that they owe me £360 from the years that they sent me, not sure how long I've had my account with them will call and ask and I guess estimate the rest

Halifax Bank: due to pay in 0 days!:razz:

Why are they not covered by the Data Protection Act did the say?

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

pretty much what a couple of other guys have said that because they are stored on microfiche in date order, not on a computer system or structered filing system !

If you call them you will just get into a circular conversation. Your options are to either : estimate the charges and let them disprove it, pay for the statements and then reclaim the money, or file for DPA non compliance.

• 2 months later...

recieved an offer form them today for less than half the amount.

They say

"Putting the above to one side as a goodwill gesture and without any admission of liability, I am prepared to credit your account with the difference between the charges that you have incurred and the £12 fee recomended by the OFT. This would amount to £144. This adjustment will be confirmed on your next statement. "