Remove defaults after settled?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My appologies for posting this here if it's the wrong place, I'm a bit overwhelemed at the tinformation.lol.

Basically my question entails how to remove defaults from a credit file placed there by a credit card company (capital one) after they already folded once the court claim was issued.

I'm not up on all the information since it was a friend of mine that took the claim on but he is now working in Holland without regular net acces and asked me to enquire how he should go about this.

I'll post his message to me to explain:

Hi xxxx

Can you place a post on the customer action group forum, basically I have made a claim against capital one and this went to the court stage, and they paid out before a court date was sent. Then I obtained my credit report were it was seen that a default hade been placed on my account. I contacted Equifax were sent letters to capital one to asked them was the information on my credit file correct, I have also sent them a letter from the web site and they responded by say this don’t agree and the information on the file is correct.

Is there any type of legal proceeding I can take to remove this information from my file or can I raise the issue with the ombudsman

Thanks

xxxxxxx

I guess I should have amended the spelling/grammer but it is a quote after all :-)

So my question is his question,what should his next move be.