• Tweets

• Hello, firstly thank you for reading this. I know no one wants a long winded back story. So I’ll be breif. I entered a local store to buy some paint (which I did pay for) I am honestly not a bad person or a theif.   Didn’t have a basket or trolly as was on my lunch break. Whilst picking up the three tubs of paint placed some masking tape in my pocket (it was hanging out of so I had every intention to pay) just didn’t have a hand free. Paid for my goods (forgot about the £4.39 masking tape) I’ve got so much going on and im not well at all (like I say no one cares I get that) also have autism so wasn’t thinking particularly like others do maybe (who knows my minds going around and around) I left the store after paying, was pulled back in by security. Asked for the tape which I gave immediately  shook up. Gave them my ID and details. I was given some paper and told to expect a large fine in the post for their time and the tape and sent on my way. my questions are: I hardly ever go out without support so the ban I guess I can’t go there now for anything (their loss) - ok but is my photo going to be all over with my name? how much am I expecting in the post as a fine? I have sent them cash in the post recorded signed for delivery to arrive tomorrow (incident happened today) for my error. Their Address was on the bit of paper. i have read two posts on this page but they were from many many years ago so I hoped for updated advise please? 
    • V important you read lots of BMW threads too !  
    • So should I send them a new SAR and put my date of birth on it? Or do I need to send them some proof? Driving license? 
    • Thanks so much for your help!! I've emailed them, and when they reply saying they can't do it I'll reply and state my rights. I'm so glad I found this forum, and will read all of the posts I can find and help guides available for the future. Really can't thank you enough.
    • utter BS, doesn't matter you signed it. pers i'd be writing as per the other threads here rejecting the car as not as described under CRA etc and be done with it. as its a debit card you could also do a full chargeback within 120 days to your bank and simply dump the car back to BMW. 100's of like threads to read here. get your ducks inline. make sure you know what you are doing and off you go. dont take any BS from BMW, no matter what you sign it does NOT remove your consumer rights. p'haps it might be on the off chance you are a good manager , a quick phonecall tomorrow saying you dont want it because (no bla bla fitted) it might be resolved in 5 mins..i will guess to date you not tried
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Reclaim Overdraft Charges from RBS - Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, just change that bit ;)

That's it! I've sent off the LBA with copy of letter and schedule. HBoS also charged me another £28.00 2 days ago (to be taken 31/10/08) so i've included that and revised the schedule saying additional charge etc.

I'm determined to see this out now!

Could I have some comments regarding what is likely to happen now as am keen to see how this could pan out

Thanks

Jim

Keep adding any new charges until you file at court.

If you still hear nothing then you need to file at court. Have a read through of this, it will show you what to expect, but just ask if anything worries you.

Step By Step Guide - Consumer Wiki

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm due to file as HBoS has not replied to my LBA letter. With the imminent takeover of HBoS will this affect my claim? comments welcome.

Also am a little unsure of how the easiest and quickest way to file a claim. Is there anyone who could possible simplify and bullet point what I need to do just so I have it all correct as I don't want to mess up.

Regards

Jim

There should be no affects on claims. :) So you can carry on as normal.

If you are ready to file at court, the best way is to fill in the forms i gave you in the link above. Have a good look at them, you need to make 3 copies of everything. Make sure any new charges are on there.

Here is a guide to how you need to fill it in...any help you need, just ask and we will help you. Mistakes at this stage can be costly, so if your not sure..CHECK. ;)

This is how to fill in your N1...

Your N1 claim form.....

Claiment

Jim+ address

Defendant

Halifax

Trinity road

Brief details of claim

Money claim for return of penalty charges applied to the claimants bank account by the defendant.

Value

Charges.......£xxxxxx

Interest under s69 county courts act 1984......£xxxxx

Total.....£xxxxx

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Fee.....£10

In the boxes....

Amount Claimed.....full amount

Court Fee ....... (court will tell you)

Solicitor Fee...leave blank

Human rights.....NO

Poc....Attached

The bottom of the form.....print and sign.

DONE..!

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Do I need to find out my nearest county court and there charges to put in?

POC Section has lots of text in the library but you have put Attached do I need to explain my claim or just have a spreadsheet attached?

I have my own spreadsheet with costs on do you advise me to use the interest spreadsheet in the library which will calculate the costs for me?

S.A.R fee, do I need to pay this as Ive never asked for this before?

Sorry for all the silly questions just want to be sure

No questions at this stage are silly.

Do I need to find out my nearest county court and there charges to put in?

The requested resource (/HMCSCourtFinder/tiles/Her Majesty's Courts Service - Court Information and Addresses) is not available

Court costs...

Court costs...

up to £300 £30

£300.01 - £500 £45

£500.01 - £1,000 £65

£1,000.01 - £1,500 £75

£1,500.01 - £3,000 £85

£3,000.01 - £5,000 £108

£5,000.01 - £15,000 £225

£15,000.01 - £50,000 £360

£50,000.01 - £100,000 £630

POC Section has lots of text in the library but you have put Attached do I need to explain my claim or just have a spreadsheet attached?

There is a box you tick which says attached. Just put them in with your N1.

I have my own spreadsheet with costs on do you advise me to use the interest spreadsheet in the library which will calculate the costs for me?

As long as it has all the correct details on it it will be fine.

S.A.R fee, do I need to pay this as Ive never asked for this before?

If you paid your £10 sar fee, then you can claim it back now.

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a look for courts in Scotland, but can't find any. Can anyone help?

Also once I've filled in the form and printed off 3 times do I need to hand it in at my local court and pay a fee upfront or can I send it off by recorded post?

Do I need to quote in the particulars the dates that my letters were sent?

Thanks

Hi, Jim.

When filing in Scotland you need to use these forms......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/11123-scottish-procedure.html

What town are you in ?

Regards.

Scott.

Hi, Jim.

It's the Scottish Court Forms you need to fill in, just post back here if you need a hand, It's really pretty easy ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Hi,

This is my first post here.

I have never been happy for the ovedraft charges me and my partner have been suffering. Those charges are even more painfull as they tend to happen when my partner is off work and we are financially weaker.

The reason I decided to join this forum and challenge RBS is what happened a week ago. I had a DD coming for which i had money to cover but some switch payments I made 5 days before had not cleared from my account yet. When all of them came at the same time I was overdrawn three times and a further fourth and fifth time for something called Guarantee Card Payement(£105) + (£35) for going over agreed limit by another £1.38.

I phoned them and they suggested visiting a branch, which I did and was told with extreeme politness to go f*** myself.

That was it. I had enough. The first thing I did was just in case open another bank account on A&L where they match my overdraft limit. I am thinking on switching to them ASAP and my cuestion is if this could affect my claim in any way?

I do have all past transactions and all info available, just don't want to deal with RBS any more.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by vzzzzzzzzui
Forgot the most important: Thanks!

An update to my previous post:

I was on the limit of my agreed overdraft and today I got my wages paid in. But RBS has decided to take their "share". Just before my wages are paid in the add a "REFERRAL CHARGE" of £30 with which I go overdrawn, which implies another charge.

I just finished my claim letter as per template one and just had to mmodify/add latest charges to it. Still waiting for my statutory credit report and will send letter ASAP.

Opened another account on A&L.

I feel anxious and realy angry. That makes me even more determined to chase them.

• 3 weeks later...

Another quick question:

when filling in question 7 on the form 'state details of claim here....'

It states 'has held a bank account with the defendant since on or before ........... the account number being 0000000'

Does this refer to the date the bank account was open or todays date as it says 'DATE HERE' in the help section.

Sorry for the really silly questions just don't want to look even sillier if this goes to court!

Thanks

Hi, Jim.

In 7. you put the date the account was opened.

In 8. What does it say, if it's a Summary Cause Summons,leave blank, the Sheriff Officer will fill that in.

If it's a Small Claims Form, I did not have a box 8 ?

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52

Hi, Jim.

Yes the 2 forms are the same, just leave box 8. blank.(the Court will fill that in) as they are serving the Summons.

You only have to hand in one copy of the Forms to the Court, and make one copy for yourself.

So that's 4 sheets of paper.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi

That's me done the form's. I am going to my local sheriff court tomorrow as I am off work for the day. I will hand in my forms along with the £39 and hope for the best.

What, in anyone's experiance, likely to happen next?

I will ask at the court but just wondered from peoples previous experience what the likelyhood of this dragging on to court?

Also, has anyone ever gone to court and lost?

Thanks

James

Hi, jim.

I take it's a Summary Cause Summons, the court will send papers back to you and you will have to take them to your local Sheriff Officers office and ask them to serve them on the Defender.

The Court will give you a list of your nearest office. It cost me £15.75 from memory :rolleyes: With most of my claims as soon as the Sheriff Officers served the Summons, the Bank got in touch offering me the full amount, plus costs, including the Sheriff Officers fee.

Good luck with that.

Regards.

Scott.

I went to Glasgow sheriff court today (bit of a nightmare!)

Handed the form's in though but had to find out additional branch details for HBoS as the Halifax main address isn't covered under the juristiction in Glasgow. Just called them and ask the address of my local branch etc etc.

Cost me £60 to serve the summons (I thought it was cheaper) apparantly it's £15 if under £200 claim, over £200 is £60.

Fingers crossed, I know it's only a small amount (£231) but with the current economic climate it all add's up!

Will update once I hear any news.

Anyone been in a similar situation recently and can offer any advice/comment.

Thanks All

Jim

Hi, Jim.

With my claim against Cap 1, who don't have any branches, I put on the form........Edinburgh Sheriff Court has jurisdiction as the monies are to be paid to the persuer in Edinburgh.

Luckily for me it worked and they paid out as soon as they received my summons ;)

Regards.

Scott.