Clamped whilst car is sorn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

just wondering if anyone can give me any advice

I declared my car a sorn ws the road tax ran out at the end of may and have kept the car on my drive way.

Last night (saturday 28/6/08) I put the car on the road to carry a display cabnet into the house, by the time I got sorted it was Late and I know I should have put the car back on the drive but I stupidly thought I'll leave it until morning.

When I got up this morning and went to the car It has been clamped by NCP services. The documentation states I have to pay a release fee off £80 withing 24 hours or £160 after 24 hours plus £120 Surety. I accept I will have to pay this but the office does not open Until 9.00am on monday and I an concerned that this will be after the 24 hour period at the charge will be increased to the £160, this seems unfair to me as I have had no opportunity to pay within the 24 hour period as the car was clamped sometime between 11.00 pm Saturday night and 10.00am on the sunday.

I am also concerned as to any further action from the DVLA regarding a False sorn declaration as the car was off road whilst the sorn was declared bar this short period of time.

Any advice would be very welcome.

To be perfectly honest as harsh as it sounds i would say pay up, i appreciate the car may have only been there for a short period however by your own admission it was there and untaxed, let this be an expensive reminder to you not to forget it next time. :(