Employer being vindictive over time off sick?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Paul,

I think he might be waiting for the school term to end on Wednesday, as after that we would have plenty of time to have the grievance meeting. That would be fine with me. We have also lost yet another driver (he walked out), and one of the oldtimers is leaving tomorrow.. Not Good!:(

Some people at work have told me I'm being silly to even try to get my hours paid as we haven't got a written contract or "guaranteed hours". I just wish to let him know that he can't treat people like dirt just because he's the boss!

Besides I haven't got anything to lose by asking.. :rolleyes:

Also got a job offer from the company my OH works for! :D I will have to see where this goes first, though..:)

Glad that you are being persistent and delighted that you have an alternative up your sleeve :D

Your colleagues should understand that a contract can be written or implied by acceptance on both sides (ie if you do it and the employer does not object or specify alternative terms then over time it becomes a contract). You may not have regular hours, but if it has become customary over a period of time that you always do at least xx hours then this can be an implied contract as a result of custom and practice (paid holidays also need to be calculated on your average hours worked not those which you originally signed up for).

It is difficult for owner/managers to fully understand all of the peculiarities of employment law, but equally neither should they use their ignorance to dictate their own version of your rights and their responsibilities!

• Haha 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thanks Sidewinder,

I did try to tell my colleagues that but it seemed to go straight over their heads!:rolleyes:

We get paid the holidays @ 8hrs/day I don't believe this is an average rate of hours worked.

I think my boss would benefit from an intensive course in employment law, as his knowledge seems to be somewhat lacking in that department...:p

Hi all,

Had a letter on Friday asking me to attend a meeting in reference of my grievance, on Monday (today) with no time specified. I saw my boss this morning, he told me he would speak to me a little later, I also asked to have someone there with me to which he replied, "don't worry I'll have someone else there as well"

I thought the whole idea is for ME to choose the person to accompany me? :???:

Anyway, we never got that far I waited and waited until I had to go to do my schoolrun, I was then told by his assistant that the boss have left the office but would see me on Wednesday!:-x

I'm REALLY annoyed!! I got myself all worked up for nothing... :eek:

I think he's giving me a bit of a runaround here...:cool:

RESULT!!!!:grin:

No meeting today, but had a letter handed to me titled "without prejudice"

where he admits that he was in the wrong and that he will pay me the full 8 hrs for those 3 days! :grin::grin:

I'll be withdrawing my grievance as I now got what I wanted.

I suppose the idea of having to defend his actions to me face to face was too much..:rolleyes: I didn't think I was THAT scary!!:eek::lol:

Thank you all for your help and advice, donation will be made Friday!