Renting without contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - we are currently renting without any kind of contract or agreement.

We did sign a 12 month agreement about 3 years ago but when it ran out we just agreed to carry on.

The landlord is now selling the house so we must move as soon as it sells.

My question is regarding the deposit - when it was first done it was appalling in so much as they missed 100 and 1 things. We amended it and sent copies to the letting agent and the landlord directly.

Would / could the fact that we have no contract affect our deposit? As far as I ma aware the letting agent was employed only for the deposit and the letting is in itself private.

Hi James :)

It's hard to say without seeing the original agreement. In a lot of case's this could be considered a 'Rolling Agreement' i.e. the same terms apply at the time you agreed to stay on. If you have this old agreement is there any chance you scan it and post on here?? If you do, please remember to remove your personal details.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You do have a contract. You have a statutory period contract (rolling month on month). All the terms listed in your "expired" fixed term, contract are still in force including all your statutory rights.

If you ammended the inventory then you shouldnt have anything to worry about, if the worst comes to the worst you will have the ammended version to rely on in small claims. Make sure you take lots and lots of pictures of the property on the day you leave.

Agree with Planner - doesnt affect the deposit in any way.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!