Help - No PCN!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 1st May - I parked on a piece of derelict ground at a back lane behind our office to carry a heavy boxful of reports into a meeting about to start. When I got back - about ten minutes later, there was a pouch stuck to my windscreen but no PCN. We all thought it was some cruel joke but it weighed heavily on my mind so I emailed the fines office in Aberdeen - they checked and emailed me back saying there was nothing on me. Today, I received a letter saying I have to pay £60. There was a single yellow line but I wasnt parked on the road side of it. Its a back lane any way and I wasnt obstructing anything either. From the letter the wardens waited 6 minutes. The area is an industrial estate with a couple of cottages stuck in the middle. Ive never ever seen wardens in the area before.

Ive emailed the fines office (again) pleading with them to drop the charge - I hope they'll respond tomorrow in my favour and if not - CAN they make this stick? I wasnt parked illegally - there for about 8 minutes - unloading stuff. It's unfair and sneaky and horrible. Im a 51 year old grandmother - and secretary.

On 1st May - I parked on a piece of derelict ground at a back lane behind our office to carry a heavy boxful of reports into a meeting about to start. When I got back - about ten minutes later, there was a pouch stuck to my windscreen but no PCN. We all thought it was some cruel joke but it weighed heavily on my mind so I emailed the fines office in Aberdeen - they checked and emailed me back saying there was nothing on me. Today, I received a letter saying I have to pay £60. There was a single yellow line but I wasnt parked on the road side of it. Its a back lane any way and I wasnt obstructing anything either. From the letter the wardens waited 6 minutes. The area is an industrial estate with a couple of cottages stuck in the middle. Ive never ever seen wardens in the area before.

Ive emailed the fines office (again) pleading with them to drop the charge - I hope they'll respond tomorrow in my favour and if not - CAN they make this stick? I wasnt parked illegally - there for about 8 minutes - unloading stuff. It's unfair and sneaky and horrible. Im a 51 year old grandmother - and secretary.

my first train of thought is the unloading deffence. Ive heard that some local authorities state that loading and unloading must be continuous and uninterupted , but in reality this can be argued. If the delivery process took a while inbetween trips and you can prove it maybe via witness statements or a letter from your employer then you have good grounds for appeal.

as for the missing pcn, nto or the yellow line restiction im sure someone will be along to help.

Do you still have the e-mail they sent saying there was nothing on you?

What was the date of that compared to the date they say you got the PCN?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.