Court Action Started, No reply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved two offers from the halifax 1st offering £148.00, then £540.00 which i refused as i am owed £717.00.

After refusing 2nd offer i started my court action and sent off the claims forms, 1 to my local court and 1 to the bank. both forms were recieved and signed for on the 16th and 17th june.

The thing worrying me though is i have had no reply from the courts or the halifax and was wondering if anybody knew if this is normal or should chase it up?

Thanks in advance

Probably worth ringing the court tomorrow to find out where your claim has got to. You need to find out whether Halifax have acknowledged the claim, and if so whether they intend to defend it (most likely they will say they will, then settle shortly after). The court should be able to tell you what the state of play is.

I phoned up the court (12th july) and enquired about my claim, the woman i spoke to told me they had recieved my claim but due to there being a back log, nothing has been done yet. she also told me some info would be posted to me but nothing has been sent. Am i just being impatient or are they taking they're time?

also i checked my account balence and to my horror i was £144.00 overdrawn due to more charges taken out. I have already opened another account so no money loss thank god. i again checked my account for a mini statement and on the screen i get this message 'your request was not complete. Your card has been retained.' is this down to being overdrawn?Thanks in advance

I took mine to court a 2pm on the 18th(yesterday) and recieved confirmation today deemed to be served on 21st

I think it must depend on how busy each court is

After refusing 2nd offer i started my court action and sent off the claims forms, 1 to my local court and 1 to the bank. both forms were recieved and signed for on the 16th and 17th june

Why did you sent one to the halifax? without a court seal they are worthless

The courts send Halifax the claim form

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Did you sent a court summons to the Halifax or was it sent by the Court it wasn't quite clear in your post

If Filing your claim in your local court you should supply them with 3 copies and pay your fee or if you post forms to the court again 3 copies anfd your fee

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

i have also started court action. was about 2 wks to get reply but dont worry the longer it takes the more charges they will get ha ha. iwas offered 1=£130 then 2=390 i am claiming £2300. i have recieved notice of issue today from the courts. they are very busy at the moment, dont worry its coo stick with it good luck all of you