Reduce fuel duty to bring fuel prices back to an acceptable level!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Click the link below to sign the petition to reduce fuel charges!

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lowerduty30/

I might even look for/start one for lower duty on fags & booze too :p

Whether Gordy Brown will pay any attention is another matter though! :rolleyes:

its not up to Gordy now, thats down to his little Darling LOL:grin::p

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

The only problem with reducing fuel duty is that he'll have to collect the lost revenue from other sources.

Now as the Labour Gov have put so many stealth taxes into effect, theres nowhere else to steal it from.

Also, I have a company fuel card :D:D

According to a paper today, they have tracked down a petrol station that is selling unleaded at 2.5p per litre.... only problem is its in venezuela...

They need to do something about the cost.. Im about £100 per week in fuel. Might be cheaper selling up and moving abroad. get away from the One Eyed Man and his bushy eyebrowed wingman

The only problem with reducing fuel duty is that he'll have to collect the lost revenue from other sources.

Now as the Labour Gov have put so many stealth taxes into effect, theres nowhere else to steal it from.

But it is not lost revenue, it is EXTRA revenue. 17.5% vat of 120p is more than 17.5%vat of the 86p that they were getting a year ago. they must have made billions in the extra revenue, and they will have the gall to tell us that out of the kindness of their hearts, they will not add the 2p extra duty due in October. The government gets in the region of 80p of every pound spent on fuel.:-x:-x:-x

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

According to a paper today, they have tracked down a petrol station that is selling unleaded at 2.5p per litre.... only problem is its in venezuela...

They need to do something about the cost.. Im about £100 per week in fuel. Might be cheaper selling up and moving abroad. get away from the One Eyed Man and his bushy eyebrowed wingman

PMSL! Would probably be cheaper to catch a flight to Venezuela, stock up & bring it home. Only trouble would be convincing the authorities that you are not a terrorist, merely finding a more economic way of running a car in the UK!!! :rolleyes:

Woozel 1 - DCA 0

But why should the motorist be singled out for the extra tax burden? If they really need the money, which I doubt...

But it is not lost revenue, it is EXTRA revenue. 17.5% vat of 120p is more than 17.5%vat of the 86p that they were getting a year ago. they must have made billions in the extra revenue, and they will have the gall to tell us that out of the kindness of their hearts, they will not add the 2p extra duty due in October. The government gets in the region of 80p of every pound spent on fuel.:-x:-x:-x

...then why not spread it around EVERYONE. I would much rather remove fuel duty competely and have a corresponding increase in income tax on everyones wages to make up for the shortfall. Provided they didnt take the opportunity to increase the overall tax revenue generated (which I dont for a second trust them to do) then we would be in a far fairer situation

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world