Licence revoked in 2001

lfb_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, wondering if anyone can shed any light on my problem...

My licence was apparantly revoked in 2001, for failing to surrender it for endorsement. I never recieved any notification whatsoever..

I was "done" in 2003 for speeding, sent licence off, all was ok, done again in march this year for another offence, again sent licence off, got it back, yet n

Today I was stopped by the police on a random stop, and was informed my licence was revoked and had been since 2001, they have impounded my car.

getting the car back is an bugbear, but how do I unrevoke a licence after all this time?

Just a quick addition, since 2001 I have had three cars, all taxed, mot'd and insured, lived at the same address, an no probs.... however did get taken to court in absence for supposedly failing to provide details on a NIP, it went to magistrates and was squashed, but was warned by the magistrate that the DVLA would in all probability want to re try the case, they did and again it was squashed.

could they be out to get me???

Just a quick addition, since 2001 I have had three cars, all taxed, mot'd and insured, lived at the same address, an no probs.... however did get taken to court in absence for supposedly failing to provide details on a NIP, it went to magistrates and was squashed, but was warned by the magistrate that the DVLA would in all probability want to re try the case, they did and again it was squashed.

could they be out to get me???

Registration, VED and MoT of vehicles is totally irrelevant to your driving licence.

DVLA do not try failing to provide for an S.172 demand - it is the issuing Police force via CPS who prosecute this offence.

Note: you do not have to make any response whatsoever to a NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution); you do have to respond an RTA S.172 demand made on behalf of the chief officer of police. This is usually with or attached to a NIP.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just recieved 6 points and a £240 fine for a very similar case,I also had my car taken (midway through a working day) and it took 3 weeks to get my liscence re issued.

I had apparently been caught speeding in a company car just before i left the company in 2005 and my liscence "expired" due to me not sending it off, how I was supposed to do this as I had no knowledge of the fine i do not know. I was stopped and told I ahd no liscence and my car was removed even though the customer who's house i was outside said I could leave it in their drive (the car was taxed insured and mot'd) that cost me £120. I then went to produce my licence and found the document was dated for november not december (when i was stopped) and was reported for failure to produce, then was told that my insurance was invalid because I had no licence! :-xFantastic!:-x The whole thing was a vicious circle! I then waited patiently for my summons and eventually got one in a miss spelling of my name (they had got the details from the dvla who had misspelled my name on the car reg document) I understand that in essance I was in the wrong but how the hell was I supposed to know that???:-x I drive for a living and I will be seriously effected by the insurance hike I will now face. Is there anything I can do?? thanks