DCA has been phoning work number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Intrum Justicia have been trying to phone my son at work

I've only just found out because it's on the SAR that we just received

Are they allowed to do that? I just looked through the OFT debt collection guidelines and couldn't see anything either way.

It didn't cause a problem - there's notes in there that the receptionist couldn't help if they didn't know what dept he worked in, then another that he didn't work there at all.

Muppets - they had a wrong number!

What's really anoying is that it looks like they were calling him when he wasn't behind with payments!

2.2g - Unfair practices

g. ignoring or disregarding debtors' legitimate wishes in respect

of when and where to contact them, for example, shift workers who

ask not to be telephoned during certain times of the day

It is a reasonable request to them not to call at all and to put everything into writing....if after sending the letter they are still calling, then write down the times and the dates they call !!! and if it continues he should complain to the FOS, OFT and Trading Standards...

It is a reasonable request to them not to call at all and to put everything into writing....if after sending the letter they are still calling, then write down the times and the dates they call !!! and if it continues he should complain to the FOS, OFT and Trading Standards...

Just to add to 42man's post, continued phone calls after receiving this letter would amount to psychological harassment - which is a criminal offence.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for all your comments.

IJ are no longer collecting - AIC & Wescott have taken over & lost out

I'm just looking at giving IJ a kicking - their sols letters kept on coming after AIC had sent their first pleasant letter - and was looking to see if I could hit them with any more.