• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LBL let's all rally around

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In reply to oh boy

We been in touch with hpi company no intrest was registered regarding the vehicle that was taken with us. On here is only brief story of what happened to us. Do you work for logbook loans. You starting to sound as if you do.

We have had a lot of help from people on this site. And if the car has shown on hpi as someone having interest on it we would not have taken it.

i would like to confirm that a mate of mine had a loan from lbl with her car, and she had a hpi check and also got the police to check PNC and there was no records that LBL have anything on this acar at all.

Just thought i would say that was all :)

the barn The elderly owner was threatened with arrest if they reported the break-in by contacting the police or the owner

3 vehicles NOT SUBJECT TO ANY LIEN WHATSOEVER were removed unlawfully (that's stolen to you & me)

After being threatened they were returned damaged & left untaxed on a public road for the owner to find on their return home later

Please remember we did not take a logbook loan out all we done was swap a car and ended up with a car that had a logbook loan on it. We done hpi check nothing shown up. We checked with hpi company and nothing had been registered for the car.

So how do we know if a loan was on the car.

We only got the bigger car as we have a disabled child, we only wanted to make his life easier. Now he is a prisoner in his home as he is unsafe to take on public transport.

We are fighting because we are innocent in our case and ended up with nothing this is what is unfair.

Why should we lose out for someone elses mistakes. We can't afford to get another car as we lost £3500 when the car was took by logbook loans. LBL told us they were legal owners of the car does this make them responsible for the repair costs for the mot costing £1500. We paying for them for something we are told was not ours. Think i should send them the bill. Make them pay it, it was there car according to them.

Please remember we DID NOT take out a LBL we swapped our small car for bigger car. The bigger car had a LBL on it took out by previous owner. Hpi check was clear, we checked with company and nothing had been registered on the car.

We had no way of knowing the big car had a loan on it, we are innocent inwhat happened to us. Had hpi shown interest on it we would not of done the deal.

we were trying to do the right thing for our disabled child he needed more room to move in.

We sending LBL garage bill for repair costs of £1500. We were told by them that they were the legal owners of the car, so why should we pay what is not ours to pay. Garage owner agrees with us as does his solicitor.

We can't afford to get another car so my disabled child is a prisoner in is home as it is unsafe to take him out on public transport. So how have we done wrong. WE INNOCENT VICTIMS IN OUR CASE.

Yes But!

Have You Spoken To Hpi For Compensation, And Have You Asked The Dealer To Either Settle You Or Lbl.

Its Not A Police Matter I Assure You.

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

After lots of consideration and research its true suggest that lbl and mobile money and companies like them set up solely to fleece and prey on people who are desperate to get their hands on money for various reasons.

Its true as well that like any well organised mobster they have done their homework and they are aware of loop holes that they exploit.

Once you have signed their paperwork (deed of sale) if you take the time to read the small print you pretty much give them the right to do what they like with your car if you miss a payment.

Unfortuneately third parties like wecareless sometimes also get entangled in this web and thru no fault of their own become embroiled in this rot simply to hold on to their assets.

There is no easy way to get past these guys.. I have learned one thing tho if the deed of sale is not registered at the supreme court within seven

days of it being signed then it is not valid and they have no rights over the vehicle. and yes they do slip up and they do register late.

I think one of the most constructive things we can do is to start a petition in the petitions forum..get as many people as possible to join it and then petition the goverment to intervene on companies who hand over money at extotionate rates. These loans should be cheap as chips considering they hold your car as security...and to charge hundreds of times higher apr then banks have when they the banks lend out on personal loans without security.

these companies work on the assumption that if the bank for whatever reason would not lend you money then you are fair game to exploit...harras..enter your property, break your car open ...and do what any loan shark or mobster would.

The goverment needs to get involved especially in these times 378% is a disgrace to the country..the office of fair trading allowing this should lose their license. lets at least help others not to fall into this. Lets petition the goverment to stop it. I for one will walk to the ends of the earth to see them closed down. I am trying to find out if it is legal for me to protest outside their premises and if it is i can tell you i will be outside mm office in london on sat morning (their busy time) with all my paper work and big signs on 2 vans warning unsuspecting customers. so if you want coffee out my flask see you there.

We contacted police at time of the car being taken they were not interested as it was civil manner. HPI company can't do anything as there was nothing registered with any firm, as solicitor has checked them. If nothing is registered there is no come back on them.

We have got a couple of solicitors we are working with at the moment and national papers will be running the story in the next few weeks.

Now trying to save to get another car, hard but need to get one for our sons sake. We will keep putting updates on here incase we can be of help to anyone else.

After lots of consideration and research its true suggest that lbl and mobile money and companies like them set up solely to fleece and prey on people who are desperate to get their hands on money for various reasons.

Its true as well that like any well organised mobster they have done their homework and they are aware of loop holes that they exploit.

Once you have signed their paperwork (deed of sale) if you take the time to read the small print you pretty much give them the right to do what they like with your car if you miss a payment.

Unfortuneately third parties like wecareless sometimes also get entangled in this web and thru no fault of their own become embroiled in this rot simply to hold on to their assets.

There is no easy way to get past these guys.. I have learned one thing tho if the deed of sale is not registered at the supreme court within seven

days of it being signed then it is not valid and they have no rights over the vehicle. and yes they do slip up and they do register late.

I think one of the most constructive things we can do is to start a petition in the petitions forum..get as many people as possible to join it and then petition the goverment to intervene on companies who hand over money at extotionate rates. These loans should be cheap as chips considering they hold your car as security...and to charge hundreds of times higher apr then banks have when they the banks lend out on personal loans without security.

these companies work on the assumption that if the bank for whatever reason would not lend you money then you are fair game to exploit...harras..enter your property, break your car open ...and do what any loan shark or mobster would.

The goverment needs to get involved especially in these times 378% is a disgrace to the country..the office of fair trading allowing this should lose their license. lets at least help others not to fall into this. Lets petition the goverment to stop it. I for one will walk to the ends of the earth to see them closed down. I am trying to find out if it is legal for me to protest outside their premises and if it is i can tell you i will be outside mm office in london on sat morning (their busy time) with all my paper work and big signs on 2 vans warning unsuspecting customers. so if you want coffee out my flask see you there.

We agree with you regarding a petition, we would be willing to sign. We wouldn't be able to protest with you outside their office as it is too far. But would support anyone willing to do so.

They do need shutting down ripping people off the way they do is wrong. With times as they are at the moment i fear we will soon see alot of new people joinging this site with their stories.

As we have the press on our side at the moment maybe we should ask them to name this site in our story so others can get help.

im with you on this one, i am about 50 miles away from london, and i would be happy to join you.

I think what we should do is get everyone to sign up and join us, and then we will make a day we all meet, and we can record it, and then put it on youtube as well. Just to get as much coverage as poss.

Well please let me know if you go ahead with this, as i am right behind you, need to have them closed down and license taken off them NOW!!!!!!

me :)