Hsbc

jimpick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written to Hsbc enclosing a cheque for £10 and recieved a reply stating I will recieve statements in seperate batches shortly. They also returned the cheque saying they were happy to waive any fees. Anybody had this happen and then have trouble claiming charges back later please let me know.I will keep you informed of my progress in the future Jim

Hi Jim and welcome! :)

Every case is different in how the banks handle them - so some will have had to pay £10, some £5 and others have paid nothing! Really consistent, yeah! If you start a new thread in the HSBC forum you will get the best benefit of the experience there. Good Luck!

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Hi, I recieved the same letter this morning saying they would waive the £10. I however didn't send a cheque, i sent a postal order which they have not returned. Does anyone know how i will get the £1o back???

Include it in your Moneyclaim if it isn't returned!

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

• 4 weeks later...

I have today recieved a reply from hsbc about my claim in which they have offered me £1900 in full and final settlement for charges of £4500.Do I accept and tell them that I am accepting this as part payment and am waiting for the remaining money to be sent on later. They have enclosed a letter for me to sign saying that I accept this as full payment, do I sign.

You can either write accepting the amount as partial settlement with the intent to pursue the balance, or return their letter signed with the 'full settlement' part crossed out and initialled. Check for any other 'traps' and cross them out too. They will probably withdraw the offer, but don't worry - you'll get paid in full in the end.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Nice one on the waived fees, I am about to send off too, what HSBC address did you use?

Thanks and good luck!

My Account:

HSBC - Data Protection Act Request sent | Claiming £2138 | Prelim Letter Sent | LBA Sent | Offer received to pay back £1850

My Wife's Account:

Lloyds TSB - DPA Request sent | Claiming £3100 | Prelim Letter Sent | LBA Sent |

no worries, i have got it now, SAR sent today!

My Account:

HSBC - Data Protection Act Request sent | Claiming £2138 | Prelim Letter Sent | LBA Sent | Offer received to pay back £1850

My Wife's Account:

Lloyds TSB - DPA Request sent | Claiming £3100 | Prelim Letter Sent | LBA Sent |