Debt Collection Agencies and the OC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Granitecityman.

CCA..........DCA.(or as PriorityOne say's, whoever is chasing you) ;)

SAR..........OC.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Here Go's, I now have been on the site for a couple of weeks now and have been reading the threads with amazement at the amount of effort everyone puts in to help each other.

Now, My wife and I have been paying into a DMP through Payplan for the last year (Does this mean that I have acknowledged the debts) I have all the addresses for my creditors and all the CCA letters are typed and ready to go, just need to know if I am wasting my time because I have been sending payments for a year now and what will happen if they cannot find the TRUE COPY of the agreement can I turn round and say that I will be withholding payments till it is settled. Also is it worth it sending SAR requests to all creditors (CC companies and Banks) and how far back should I go to claim charges back (I am in Scotland). My wife doesn't think we can do anything because of the DMP. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated before I make a fool of myself.

Thanks

Hi, Granitecityman.

You can CCA your creditors anytime.

You can also withold payment by sending a CCA request and putting the account into dispute.

You can claim charges back 5 years in Scotland, I did this with HBOS but they paid me 6 :)

If there is no CCA, I think Its difficult to ask for your charges back as the courts look on this as false enrichment.( I think, I'll check it out and get back to you)

Regards.

Scott.

Granitecityman please stick to one thread per topic and don't post the same question on seperate threads.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Just posted my first 2 CCA requests away, wish me luck only 8 to go. Anyway a question a loan we have with the RBOS was defaulted by the bank in March 07 signed by a N McDonald. Then we heard nothing till Wescot sent a FINAL NOTICE letter in Sept/Oct 07, all RBOS said was it would be better dealt with by their Credit Mgmt Services are Wescot They.

Anyway then in April 08 AIC come on board with the usaul crap then again on the 6th May with a WARNING on the page as they are referring our case to there legal deprtment. I have just sent them a CCA request. Will wait for their reply NOT!!!!!!!!