Mackensie hall have searched my credit reference !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

i have just received my credit report from equifax and a search has been carried out by Mackenzie hall without my knowledge. It is for "DEBT COLLECTION SEARCHES" This is what it states on my report.

According to equifax these debt collection searches stay on your file for 6 years :o

Not happy about this :-x

Any advice would be great :)

Many thanks.

Yes - any help please I am in contact with equifax on the same matter. Wescot have done two searches with the reason being "outstanding debt". Although I don't think they have ever written to me about any debt.

I have emailed them and am waiting for them to get back to me.

I think we need to know if anyone can 'search' for outstanding debt etc. and having found none - leave a permanent record of the search on your file. It's not a default so there is no procedure to follow- so how do you get it removed?

Also - the reason for search is in the table entitled " Table 1 Credit Searches The folowing table shows searches undertaken in connection with credit applications".

I have let equifax know that I have never applied to Wescot for any credit services :) and asked them to delete the reference . (No response to that email yet.)

Hi Stan, let me know what kind of reponce you get on this. It will be interesting. I would'nt mind so much if it dropped off after 12 months but it doesnt it stays for 6 years.

DD

Hi, both of you. Just so you have some evidence if needed, take a screen dump of your entire credit record. It might be worth forking out the £5.95 (for Experian at least) for a paper copy of your credit record also (the details might mysteriously disappear... you never know). On the face of it, it looks like a clear breach of the Data Protection act, but someone with more knowledge will pick this thread up and advise you.

Dobby, just so there is an electronic record for you, I would also email them. You'll get a reference number for your query. Basically, gather all the evidence that you can at this stage.

Regards

Hi you will find the searches by Mac Hall and wesrcot are carried out by a company called CNM Data in Wakefield, trust me I have been having the same dispute with them for past few months. E Mail CNM Data and ask them why the searches were made as Equifax just reply back saying the client had a Data company carry out these searches. Moorcroft also use these people. I had 17 searches in one day for Outstanding Debt. I must have raised this with Equifax about 20 times. A Girl in CNM is contacting Moorcroft as they are the ones who can authorise the removal of the searches. Hope this helps

Im learning more every day :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, both of you. Just so you have some evidence if needed, take a screen dump of your entire credit record. It might be worth forking out the £5.95 (for Experian at least) for a paper copy of your credit record also

You can request a copy of your statutory credit report, under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act, by post. Your credit report will be posted out to you within 7 days of receipt of your letter, there is statutory fee of £2.

Never pay for any of there services, they are just not worth it.

Order your Callcredit credit report

https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/gb_consumerletter.ehtml

Your Credit Report Help Centre: Order Your Paper Report