No contact until almost 6 years query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother organised a loan in my maiden name back in 1999 which she was servicing from her income. In May 2002 she died at which point I cancelled all outgoing payments from our joint account as I had my own personal account and there would be no money going in to the joint account.

Following non receipt of a monthly payment the company contacted me at which point I explained the circumstances surrounding the original loan and that I did not work and there would be nothing left for any creditors from my mothers estate to make any payments or clear the debt.

I heard nothing further from the loan company despite living at the same address as my mother for over two years following her death whilst the property was sold.

Out of the blue almost six years later I get a letter from BCW at my new home where I have been for almost 4 years chasing payment.

Advice is most appreciated.

A marriage is always made up of two people who are prepared to swear that only the other one snores. -- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)

Thanks, it was just was I was thinking but needed to be sure. :)

A marriage is always made up of two people who are prepared to swear that only the other one snores. -- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)