• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Clark v Natwest ***WON***

Clarky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Because there is no communication between any staff members at Natwest at all!!!

Think yourself lucky, i didnt get offered anything and have to issue Moneyclaim a week ago for 1200 quid!!

Clark xx:p

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

NatWest: £1148.00 (defence filed 3/10/06)

Halifax: £2600.00 Letter received 28/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!:lol:

Co-op: £1140.00 Cheque received 5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

Barclaycard: £840.00 Half refunded mcol being done for the other half!

Capital One: £100 Settled in full after preliminary letter

RBS: £38.00 SETTLED IN FULL 14th September 2006

STILL TO GO.......

Hubbys Halifax visa :p

Hubbys Yorkshire bank visa :)

Hubbys old Yorkshire bank (closed) account :rolleyes:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why did you alter your moneyclaim entrance from

'You have a contract with the defendant bank dated XXXX and which is conducted on their standard terms and conditions. You are claiming the return of money taken by the defendant in the way of charges over the last xx years plus the interest they have levied on those charges. The bank's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.

You have repeatedly asked the bank to justify their charges but they have declined to do so; (found in templates library to what you put on page 5?

Thanks

Danielle

Natwest am about to start moneyclaim

Capital One, HSBC, marbles have sent first letter

Am going to try SPML, igroup and UCB when I get time.

Well I havent heard from NatWest yet or had the cheque come out of my account. xoxnitaxox have you heard anything yet? You sent your letter around the same time as me didnt you?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Clark x

Might not be of help to you but I sent all of mine by special delivery to make sure they had to be signed for and now i'm going on the royal mail ebsite http://www.royalmail.com to do the track and trace for the special delivery. So far 4 of them have been signed for, 6 more to check.

I've also done a print out and stapled it to the post office reciept.

HTH

Chimp

Request for repayment letter sent on 24 / 08/ 2006 giving 14 days to reply.

S.A.R. issued to:

Citibank international 07/09/2006

Creation Finance 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Nat West Bank 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Mint 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Sainsbury's 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Northern Rock 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Nationwide

S.A.R SENT

07/09/2006

letter signed for 8/9/06

letter offering £120 in charges refund 12/09/06

Statements arrived all bound in a folder 16/09/2006

nationwide 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Halifax 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

MBNA request for repayment letter sent 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

DONATE TO KEEP THE SITE OPEN PLEASE

I changed it cos i saw a better templete and thats why i changed it! Thank 4 good luck wishes all!

Bit full of alcohol now but any assistance required just let let me know!!!

In the morning though!!!!!!

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

STILL TO GO.......

Lets hope your right! I sent the letter to them recorded on saturday so they should get it today or tomorrow so lets see if I get any paperwork off them after that!

I really think that it cant be that easy. There will be some delaying tactic, just you watch. Anything to avoid paying out I think.

Well ill keep you posted, dont worry about waitin til payday, thats what I had to do and although its frustrating it'll soon come round!

STILL TO GO.......

Further to my letter to Natwest's litigation dept and cc'd to Cobbetts I received the following from Mr Higley....

' I can add nothing contructive to my previous letter. I have informed our litigation team please can I remind you to use the registered office address as below etc etc'

Now first of all isnt this the standard letter I have seen so many people get to their LBA?? I didnt get a reply to mine so maybe that is why i am getting it now lol

And secondly, my letter clearly was just for information about the schedule of charges AGAIN so as to avoid delaying tactics and included a claim number etc so it was obvious I had already submitted a claim!

God Im gettin really naffed off with this computer generated cr*p! Anyway, can do nothin now but wait and see what they do next!!

STILL TO GO.......

Don't worry about it, this response won't make any difference to the timetable now. The important point I think is that those people at Cobbetts know all the details and cannot therefore claim that they do not.

We're all right behind you C!

Hi everyone who's posted on this thread. I'm the newbie of the day today and just thought I'd wish you good luck Clarky, as I've just read all the thread from beginning and it has encouraged me to start on Natwest too! SAR in the post tonight! Cheers for the help this thread has provided me with and do you mind if i possibly borrow one of your letters pls?:oops:

Hey Clarky,

Another newbie here. Reading yours from the start was one of the things that convinced me to get on here. I have my fingers crossed for you. I've started on a slightly different route and am now a bit confused as to exactly which way is the way forward (yes i've read all the FAQs etc......;-)). Could you have a look for me - not sure how to write a link but am in welcome page (entitled 'pregnant n growing vs NatWest). Have waited a while for a response - am perhaps being a little too impatient? Your thoughts'd be appreciated, you seem to know a lot more than I do based on your experience so far.

Hey Purplechris.....we'll probably working on the same timescale....ish. Good luck.

:o AngeWes :p

sbb1979, hiya mate! :D

I am worried though cos I dont know what to expect now??!!! Im kinda thinking no cpr 18 for me cos Ive provided the info but what is the other option??? They settle soon?? Just cant see it it seems to easy and im dead worried incase they try and new tactic on me that hasnt been dealt with by anyone so no-one will be able to advise!!!

Hi purplechris! And well done on taking your first steps, ill keep an eye on your thread (presuming youve started one??)and be keeping my fingers crossed for you! And borrow away when it comes to any letters etc....Im more than happy to help anyone, i wouldnt of got anywhere near this far without peoples help from here!! :) Good luck again!!

angewes....havent forgot about you!!! Just off to find your thread and see if I can help!! Kids only just gone to bed lol So ive got a bit more time than i had when you posted!!! Wont keep you long!

Thanks again all....will let you know if i hear anything....think its a bit soon yet though!!

STILL TO GO.......

Helllo!

I'm about 2 days behind you.... they have until 4th of October to put in their defence. So... also kinda worried heh.

Good news tho - one of the catalogues phoned today to say "We'll pay up in full" WooHoo! I know I shouldn't get excited til it's done and dusted - but surely we're allowed to do a little victory dance? :-P

Sending you the biggest good luck wishes! *hugs*

NatWest Visa - recieved a letter from court wanting more info re what sections of several law things im using to claim back the money - got to reply by 13th! still no idea!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ace - £1300 - SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One - £200 - SETTLED IN FULL

JD Williams - £400 - SETTLED IN FULL

Littlwoods - £2700- SETTLED IN FULL

NATWEST - £2703.33 - SETTLED IN FULL

Hey you!!

Long time no speak!! So you got yours in just after mine?? What date did they acknowledge??

I'll keep an eye on your thread knowing your so close to me?? Have you sent Cobbetts anything?? I sent them a copy of my account number and schedule in the hope they cant delay later on by asking for it!

Well done with the catalogue thing...I didnt know you could do it with them....looks like ill be adding some more to the list lol....You keep dancin!!

All the luck in the world nita....keep me updated!!

STILL TO GO.......

Been so busy :-( And unable to get online as much. Filed on 31st but did it at court so had to wait for case numbers etc to come through post. Was sent on 4th - deemed served on 6th. They acknowledged on 8th.

As I filed at court instead of online, I was able to send the details off with the claim form. So guess that's one advantage to doing it through the court.

TBH I wasn't sure you could do it with catalogues - until I tried... now going after them all :-) Will just about cover my debts as things stand.. so... fingers crossed.

Will keep an eye on your thread - wanna see what happens!!

NatWest Visa - recieved a letter from court wanting more info re what sections of several law things im using to claim back the money - got to reply by 13th! still no idea!!!!!

Ace - £1300 - SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One - £200 - SETTLED IN FULL

JD Williams - £400 - SETTLED IN FULL

Littlwoods - £2700- SETTLED IN FULL

NATWEST - £2703.33 - SETTLED IN FULL

Hi Clarky,

Did you send a schedule of charges to the court after you filed your moneyclaim? Who did you address it to?

For some strange reason, my case has been sent to the Northampton County Court even though I live in London. There must be loads of courts in London, is is just random which court they send it to? Anyone know? Shouldn't matter anyway because it will never get that far, but seems strange to me....

Hi sbb1979,

Northampton is where the 'bulk clearing centre' is hence that is where all the moneyclaims start. If it were to go to court (ha ha) it would be transferred to a local court so no need to worry about that.

No to be honest the court is the only place I havent sent my schedule to....was thinking maybe i should but Im not sure???

I'm in Rochdale so it would be good to see where mine ends up if it does get to court (slightly worried)

Are you going to send a copy of your schedule to the courts??

STILL TO GO.......

Hi

I just got the same letter as you clarky about ' I can add nothing contructive to my previous letter. I have informed our litigation team please can I remind you to use the registered office address as below etc etc' from higley, filling the moneyclaim out now, how are you doing?

I'm scared, what if this really goes to court, do I take my kids with me?

Danielle

Natwest am about to start moneyclaim

Capital One, HSBC, marbles have sent first letter

Am going to try SPML, igroup and UCB when I get time.

Hi danielle77,

Ive done my moneyclaim just waiting im afraid....nothing interesting to report!

Dont worry, if it were to get that far (which we all know it wont) youll have everyone on here to guide you thru things. It doesnt seem a very cost effective way to run a business the way they are doing things...They must be doubling even tripling the amount they have to pay out by letting things go on so long and paying out court fees and interest and solicitors fees.... I'm lookin forward to graduating...ill earn a fortune working as a solicitor....might get a job at Cobbetts lol:grin:

Ha ha.....love the bit about taking the kids though, i might do that too, im sure two terrors under 6 wingeing in the courtroom would make them wanna get it over with lol

STILL TO GO.......

Hi Clarky,

Thanks for your response to my previous query...I'm a bit behind you, trying to complete the MCOL today, but adding the dailogue about interest means there's too many characters used....how did you get round that? Have you got an edited version you saw somewhere that I could use ?

Cheers, Shelty.

M-Stanley, Marbles , Barclaycard,Cap 1, NW CC's x 3, NWest, MBNA , HSBC CC ALL WON

Outstanding

Halifax initial 11/10 acknowledged 19/10 LBA 25/10

LTSB initial 12/10 LBA 26/10

Barclays initial 3/10,response 9/10 LBA 17/10,MCOL 1/11, defence &AQ 10/12

Bof Ireland mort' S.A.R 16/10, initial 23/11, LBA 7/12,MCOL 23/12

NatWest home loans S.A.R sent 23/10,Initial 16/12, LBA 6/1

NatWest business a/c initial 9/11, LBA 25/11, MCOL 9/12, AQ 20/1,cheque recieved 17/2 but had to send it back !!

HSBC c/a AQ returned 17/2

HSBC bus' a/c MCOL 17/2

Hi Shelty,

This is what I put....

Claimant has accounts xxxxxxxxx with Defendant from (date of account opening) conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of £ (charges total) taken by Defendant in charges over x years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the

Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8 % a year from (first charge date) to (date of filing moneyclaim) of (figure on spreadsheet) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (your total charges x 0.00022)

I had a problem with there being to much but when I checked I had the right number of words but too many lines!!! Had to condense it a bit but this was the final result!

Hope this helps

STILL TO GO.......

Great help Clarky, cheers ! The irony of paying Court fees with a Nat West credit card.....lovely !!

M-Stanley, Marbles , Barclaycard,Cap 1, NW CC's x 3, NWest, MBNA , HSBC CC ALL WON

Outstanding

Halifax initial 11/10 acknowledged 19/10 LBA 25/10

LTSB initial 12/10 LBA 26/10

Barclays initial 3/10,response 9/10 LBA 17/10,MCOL 1/11, defence &AQ 10/12

Bof Ireland mort' S.A.R 16/10, initial 23/11, LBA 7/12,MCOL 23/12

NatWest home loans S.A.R sent 23/10,Initial 16/12, LBA 6/1

NatWest business a/c initial 9/11, LBA 25/11, MCOL 9/12, AQ 20/1,cheque recieved 17/2 but had to send it back !!

HSBC c/a AQ returned 17/2

HSBC bus' a/c MCOL 17/2

He he.....Wicked!!!

STILL TO GO.......

Hi Clarky,

I would like to send the schedule of charges to the court so that they have all the figures etc and can see that I didn't just pluck a figure out of the air. Karnevil recommended it on my Cahoot thread but didn't say who at the court I should address it to. If I find out, I'll let you know.

Now, more waiting! This is potentially the longest wait since we started this whole thing and the most frustrating because we should be so close......

S

Tell me about it!!!

Yes, please do give me that info when you get it, alternatively if I get chance later today I may call the Moneyclaim helpline and say that I need to send something to back up my claim and where should I send it to??

If I find anything out ill let you know

STILL TO GO.......