"Duplicate statements have been ordered"

conroyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from HSBC today that reads...

"We note that you do not want copy statements, however, this is the only format in which the bank holds the information you require. For this reason duplicate statements have been ordered on all your accounts, including your credit card"

My understanding is that there is a charge for duplicate statemenets. Does this imply that I will get a £5 charge for every monthly duplicate statement going back 6 years?

Slightly worried, looking for confirmation that this letter from HSBC is a normal part of the process.

Thanks.:eek:

The standard fee for most banks tends to be about £10 for admin charges to recoup all statements. Recently I sent HSBC a cheque for £10 for duplicate statements for the last six years. They promptly sent me the statements and also the £10 cheque back! No charges

I received a letter from HSBC today that reads...

"We note that you do not want copy statements, however, this is the only format in which the bank holds the information you require. For this reason duplicate statements have been ordered on all your accounts, including your credit card"

My understanding is that there is a charge for duplicate statemenets. Does this imply that I will get a £5 charge for every monthly duplicate statement going back 6 years?

Slightly worried, looking for confirmation that this letter from HSBC is a normal part of the process.

Thanks.:eek:

dont worry, they wont charge you for them individually as long as you asked for the under a sar

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation