Help - advice needed on existing claim

wolverine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am just wondering what the best way to pursue my claim is. I sent in the preliminary letter last July for £4800 of bank charges, just before all claims were put on hold. I've now totalled up another £750 in charges since then and haven't done anything since. What's the best thing to do in light of the current situation? Thanks very much.

You can go forward and issue your LBA (but please, if you can, wait for the new and improved LBA to appear in the templates library as this will take into account the OFT test case. This should only be a couple of days). You can add on any additionall charges that you have received since sending in your prelim letter right up to when you file your claim at court.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hiya wolverine welcome to the HSBC forum :)

As Jo says update your claim and send in your LBA, they will probably send you the "your are in the system but were not doing anything until the OFT text case is resolved" letter.

Personally, if you can afford to pay the fee and forget it for a bit I would file your claim with the court 14 days after your LBA regardless. The main reason being, when this does come to an end the 8% County Courts Act section 69 interest will be added to your claim figure, if you haven't filed with the court it wont :).

Thats a better savings plan than you will get in the high street :D

pete