• Tweets

• Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Logbook Loans Desperate Situations!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it all works out for you, you've done well so far. Will follow your progress with interest.

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

Update: I was unfortunately unable to recall the money and I guess Nationwide's messing me around didn't help also, as they sent me into the bank but when I got to the bank they couldn't understand why it wasn't done over the phone as apparently they couldn't do it in the bank. I guess its half a one and so much more of the other.

The Royal Courts reply came saying the bills of sales are register so its now another lot of money to get copies of what LBL registered with them as LBL still have not sent me anything as requested. And the question of what they registered and what I have been given is still doubtful.

However I have forwarded everything to my solicitor....whats the likely hood of sticking my expenses onto LBL I feel so provoked and it doesn't help that the main pc I use to scan documents is being a right b!tch.:mad:

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

I have searched and read every possible Log Book Loan thread on the site and other than the few that managed to gain back charges I am sad to see there are not more victories, can anyone tell me what came of the OFT, Watch Dog reports?

The OFT are looking into LBL as we speak ,watch this space !!. I can also say that there will be more LBL / Gemini stories in the papers in the coming weeks , keep an eye out for them .

There is no protection for people who get ripped of by these companies but I am sure that's about to change , The sooner the better as so many people have lost out big time because of this [problem] .

Update: Well I guess Log Book Loans are gonna get there's, I have just received this morning a letter from the solicitor a copy of letters he has sent to LBL and in the process he has executed my cancellation rights. The Credit Agreement he has found to be unenforceable on so many grounds...I will once this is over post the information supplied but due to fears of LBL employees viewing these sites I will refrain from giving too much away and he has also asked for evidence that the bill of sale is registered as again it does not meet required format and is witnessed and signed by the said same person (all he did was sign it differently in both places). Please keep your fingers crossed as if it wasn't for the wealth of information I have read on here I would not have learnt half the information I have obtained.

I am going to try and have the bank recall money I have just paid as he has in effect cancelled my contract and I have in effect paid them more than there money back!

I have been on here reading religiously other peoples cases and feel for every unfortunate sole like myself who have had no other means of obtaining finance and have made a deal with the devil unknowingly. I feel so strongly I have emailed the OFT, Financial Ombudsman, my university as the advice SU gave previously was unhelpful due to lack of knowledge on their part and I would not wish these sleepless nights on anyone else worrying over debt.

I felt myself slipping and becoming depressed because of the harassment and CAG with all its information have enabled me to fight back, and I am not assuming it will be easy after reading everyone else's struggle, but although we may be "sub-prime" we are all HUMAN!! Our money is as good as anyone Else's we work just as hard we still have to eat and feed our families like the credit obtaining people. I will keep updating although I seem to be a poster of one on my tod bar the few head pops and advice gladly received from Sequenci.

So If I seem like a saddo still posting on my own, humor me :D as win or loose I want people to know I have been through this and what works and what doesn't so the next unsuspecting victim can also have a guide to help as those I have read have helped put fire in my belly and action before me to stop being a victim and fight back!!

Ps Did I forget to mention I have wrote to Watch Dog and the Observer on their piece done on the 26th and intend to write my local paper as we are the lucky few who have come across CAG but what about those who have no idea of how to go about things and are suffering in silence!!

Yes I agree that lot's of other people will be suffering in silence over this ,we have been lucky we came across this great site . I did get get some cash back from Log Book Loans after my story was in the papers but not near enough to comphensate all the harship and sleeples nights I have suffered.

I would urge anyone who has fallen into this LBL /Gemini trap to make as much fuss as you can , Go to the papers , OFT, CIB, Police , Traiding Standards and remember if they are coming for your car ... HIDE IT !! until you get the problem sorted out because if Gemini get your car the chances are it's gone forever !! .

Ohh yes Thanks sweetnsexy for all your updates and GOOD LUCK !!!

I feel like I am featuring in some James Bond movie, hiding my car lol, leaving out in one car only to go get another and yet coming home in a next, I will be glad when it is all over. The one consolation since not having my car here means I can sleep at night without having to worry and that's a good thing. And thanks Capri I will be sure to look out in the paper for those, its about time something was done to protect the "sub -prime" as they call it. Not that I like that word very much it has a demeaning conotation.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Desperate2 all I can say is good luck and tell me how it goes I too have started legal action, I too still have my car at the moment a solicitor has looked at the paperwork and found the contracts unenforceable due to the agreement failing to include a statement as to the amount of credit or misstates this amount. The advance payment plan, amounts to a charge, and also there is the issue of interest charged on the app which they pay themselves. As well as the lack of cancellation rights, as none where received explaining my rights, all i received was the paying in books and this is amongst others he found both with the contract and the bill of sale

I will keep my fingers crossed as I really want to read more positiver stories from those who have fought and won and at least give me hope for my own case!!

Please find below copy of email recieved, maybe everyone should put through their complaints with a pre signed consent form!!

Direct line (020) 7211 8000

Our ref Epic/Enq/E/32429 Fax (020) 7211 8877

Date 07 May 2008 Email [email protected]

Dear Ms XXXXXXX

Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('the Act')

Complaint Against: Log Book Loans Limited

Licence No: 458150

Thank you for your email dated 30 April 2008, regarding the problems you have been experiencing with the above mentioned trader.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been experiencing, however, the OFT has no authority to become involved in disputes between consumers and traders and so we cannot offer you any direct help with the complaint or advise you directly with this matter. Our role is to protect the collective interests of consumers.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act) establishes a licensing system to protect the interests of consumers in the credit area. If a business wishes to undertake the collection of debts that arise from consumer credit arrangements then the Act states that they are required to hold a consumer credit license; this is issued by the OFT.

Log Book Loans Limited do hold a consumer credit license. Under the Act, the OFT has a duty to consider the fitness of all traders who hold consumer credit licenses.

In considering fitness we take into account whether a business has engaged in improper business practices. Where we receive complaints about the business practices of licensees, we investigate them and where appropriate we take enforcement action; that action depends on the evidence and circumstances. Action OFT can take includes revoking, refusing or suspending a license; or placing conduct requirements on the license of the company or business in question (failure to comply with a conduct requirement can result in a financial penalty being levied).

As you maybe aware, the OFT has issued guidance to consumer credit license holders engaged in the debt collection industry. The guidance is intended to ensure that debt collectors treat debtors fairly. Non-compliance with this guidance will call into question the fitness of license holders and applicants. You can view our guidelines at:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resource_base/legal/cca/debt-collection

I have noted the details of your complaint, and we will consider this alongside any other complaints we have received with a view to any licensing action we may decide to take. If we do take any licensing action against this trader, it is likely that we would need to disclose your identity to this trader along with details of your complaint. I should therefore be grateful if you would provide me with written authorisation to disclose your details to the trader. I have enclosed a disclosure consent form for you to sign and return to me.

Unfortunately, the OFT has no power to intervene in individual disputes, and therefore we are unable to assist you directly in this matter. We note that you are seeking independent legal advice in this matter, and we would suggest that you continue to be guided by your legal advisor.

Furthermore, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) can help with most complaints about consumer-credit products and services if the consumer has failed to satisfactorily resolve the matter directly with the financial institution itself. The FOS can be contacted at:

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Tel: 0845 080 1800

I hope your problem will be resolved in the near future and thank you again for writing to us and bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Miss Nilufar Miah

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Corporate Services

Permission To Disclose Complaint

Reference: Epic/Enq/E/32429

*Please delete as appropriate

I give/do not give* my consent for the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to disclose details of my complaint concerning the above trader, including my name and address details, in any further action that it may take under the Act or under any other legislation administered by the OFT.

I also confirm that I have no objections/object* to the OFT using the information provided by me in the performance of any of its functions and disclosing that information to others where legally permissible. By way of example, the OFT may disclose such information in connection with enforcement or regulatory action under its own powers or may refer the information to another government department or enforcement authority.

Signed: ………………………………………………………………………………..

Print name: …………………………………………………………………………..

Address (Please print): ……………………………………………………………..

………………………………………………………………….

Date: …………………………………………………………………………………..

Please note the OFT can only use your details in any action we may take against the above trader if you give your written permission for us to do so.

Additional contact details

In the event of the OFT needing to contact you for further information, it would be helpful if you could provide the following contact details. Please note these further details will not be disclosed to the trader.

Telephone number: (Home) …………………………………………………….

Preferred time of contact by telephone: ……………………………………..

E-mail address: ……………………………………………………………………

Here is a copy of email recieved from OFT....maybe we should all put through our complaints with a pre signed consent form. Hows that for action!!

!x-usc:No%20AttachName

Direct line (020) 7211 8000

Our ref Epic/Enq/E/32429 Fax (020) 7211 8877

Date 07 May 2008 Email [email protected]

Dear Ms XXXXXXX

Thank you for your email dated 30 April 2008, regarding the problems you have been experiencing with the above mentioned trader.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been experiencing, however, the OFT has no authority to become involved in disputes between consumers and traders and so we cannot offer you any direct help with the complaint or advise you directly with this matter. Our role is to protect the collective interests of consumers.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act) establishes a licensing system to protect the interests of consumers in the credit area. If a business wishes to undertake the collection of debts that arise from consumer credit arrangements then the Act states that they are required to hold a consumer credit license; this is issued by the OFT.

Log Book Loans Limited do hold a consumer credit license. Under the Act, the OFT has a duty to consider the fitness of all traders who hold consumer credit licenses.

In considering fitness we take into account whether a business has engaged in improper business practices. Where we receive complaints about the business practices of licensees, we investigate them and where appropriate we take enforcement action; that action depends on the evidence and circumstances. Action OFT can take includes revoking, refusing or suspending a license; or placing conduct requirements on the license of the company or business in question (failure to comply with a conduct requirement can result in a financial penalty being levied).

As you maybe aware, the OFT has issued guidance to consumer credit license holders engaged in the debt collection industry. The guidance is intended to ensure that debt collectors treat debtors fairly. Non-compliance with this guidance will call into question the fitness of license holders and applicants. You can view our guidelines at:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resource_base/legal/cca/debt-collection

I have noted the details of your complaint, and we will consider this alongside any other complaints we have received with a view to any licensing action we may decide to take. If we do take any licensing action against this trader, it is likely that we would need to disclose your identity to this trader along with details of your complaint. I should therefore be grateful if you would provide me with written authorisation to disclose your details to the trader. I have enclosed a disclosure consent form for you to sign and return to me.

Unfortunately, the OFT has no power to intervene in individual disputes, and therefore we are unable to assist you directly in this matter. We note that you are seeking independent legal advice in this matter, and we would suggest that you continue to be guided by your legal advisor.

Furthermore, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) can help with most complaints about consumer-credit products and services if the consumer has failed to satisfactorily resolve the matter directly with the financial institution itself. The FOS can be contacted at:

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Tel: 0845 080 1800

I hope your problem will be resolved in the near future and thank you again for writing to us and bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Miss Nilufar Miah

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Corporate Services

Permission To Disclose Complaint

Reference: Epic/Enq/E/32429

*Please delete as appropriate

I give/do not give* my consent for the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to disclose details of my complaint concerning the above trader, including my name and address details, in any further action that it may take under the Act or under any other legislation administered by the OFT.

I also confirm that I have no objections/object* to the OFT using the information provided by me in the performance of any of its functions and disclosing that information to others where legally permissible. By way of example, the OFT may disclose such information in connection with enforcement or regulatory action under its own powers or may refer the information to another government department or enforcement authority.

Signed: ………………………………………………………………………………..

Print name: …………………………………………………………………………..

Address (Please print): ……………………………………………………………..

Date: …………………………………………………………………………………..

Please note the OFT can only use your details in any action we may take against the above trader if you give your written permission for us to do so.

Additional contact details

In the event of the OFT needing to contact you for further information, it would be helpful if you could provide the following contact details. Please note these further details will not be disclosed to the trader.

Telephone number: (Home) …………………………………………………….

Preferred time of contact by telephone: ……………………………………..

E-mail address: ……………………………………………………………………

And what about the fact that LBL were operating national multiple franchises without consumer credit licenses between 1998/9-2004/5!!, i see that don't mention that?.:o

And the fact they were reported to the trading standards and were investigated for operating as such and as such would be on record, i wonder how many void agreements (Unenforceable) they had then nationally!!. :grin:

Perhaps thats why they settled without going to court by way of a signed NDA Agreement between myself and them........and which has only just been reported very recently that another person had done the same as if it were the first time this had happened...........i don't think so?.:D

Honestly there's enough evidence past and present to put into question there fitness to hold any type of CCL even now!.:!:

Best Regards.

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

Nothing much to update, however received yet another letter telling me I am £xxx in arrears considering the solicitor has cancelled my account. I did have a phone call last week from the person in charge of my account even after sending off the letter stating all correspondence to be done via letter. Seems Paul Foster hasn't updated my account with my complaint. The person claimed to have seen no letter or details on the account and had nothing from the solicitor. So when I came home I emailed out a copy to three different sections in Log Book loans and as I have had read receipts for two of them I guess they wont be saying they never got the letter.

Spoken with OFT who don't give much away however I have been advised they have 12 days to comply with requests for information, well they failed this with my request for original registered documents, doubt if the solicitor has been any luckier but I am waiting to see. Role on the next 21 days so my solicitor can take the next step!!

Keep the car hidden and you've no need to worry - just don't waver and don't be intimidated. The only thing they can do is take you through the courts, which will cost them & involve the courts taking a good look at their contracts & practices.... Don't be fooled by any threats from so-called bailiffs either, it's a civil matter & the police are NOT INTERESTED in their side or yours

Just checked in with Solicitor, who will be sending out info on the test case...so I will update as soon as I hear anything.

Thank you Fleeced73, there is no way I am gonna waiver as they have pushed me to the point where I almost snapped, its not nice feeling hounded like an animal and feeling your sanity slowly slipping away because you cant cope....had this site not been here and reading everyone else's stories and the ones where people WON I would not have found the strength to fight back, I am on here morning noon and night and handling every case right now, through the information and advise I have obtained.

And very much appreciate all the help advice and support received!!

Edited by sweetnsexyenglish
spelling

We would like to make the following comments in light of recent remarks made on this site:-

Gemini International UK Ltd acted as Specialist Recovery Agents for Logbook Loans for approximately 3 years. Initially we were brought in to trace, locate and recover vehicles which were the subject of accounts where customers had been in default for some time and that other recovery agents had failed to find. We continued working as agents on their behalf until such time as their continuing expansion raised certain issues and practices that we were not happy to be a party to and we subsequently terminated our working relationship in October 2007.

As we are currently in court action against Logbook Loans we would like to keep our comments brief, but would like to clarify a few points.

We would like to make it clear that any repossession undertaken by us has been carried out as agents on the instructions of, and with the full authority of Logbook Loans. In certain cases we were permitted to arrange payment plans thereby giving customers another chance to avoid repossession. If the customer failed again to make the agreed payments, overdue letters were issued but ultimately our instructions were that the vehicle be repossessed. Once at the stage of repossession the customers were given the opportunity to pay the account in full. In other cases where the customer had been in default for some time (and in some cases for several unpaid loans) and where other agents had failed to locate the vehicles because they had been hidden, we were instructed to locate and repossess immediately. Any subsequent action or sale of a vehicle has been at the request of Logbook Loans for their own reasons; on the whole vehicles repossessed were taken to auction sites. In one particular case a vehicle was sold as it was in poor condition and would not have reached a satisfactory amount at auction. In other cases it has been on the instructions of, and with the authority of, Logbook Loans for reasons known by them.

We are not in the business of 'stealing cars' and any claims indicating this will be strongly refuted. Customers we have dealt with have been given every chance by us to avoid repossession taking place and we continue to hold all paperwork, notes and correspondence to support this. We have already dealt with members of the press, certain financial authorities and legal bodies in regards to certain issues concerning Logbook Loans (including issues made on this site) and are happy to continue to do so.

As reference has been made to employees using first names only this is because a portion of our work has involved a criminal element and has been for our staff's own safety. As for the self-employed agent referred to (Simon) he was dismissed by our company, along with another former self - employed agent (Laurie) for theft and deception. Despite warnings that these two individuals should not be working in an industry where vunerable people are involved they continue to be able to work indirectly for Logbook Loans.

We would like to add that should anyone we have dealt with in the past have any ongoing issues regarding Logbook Loans and would like any help or advice please feel free to contact us.

I will gladly be contacting you regarding a previous collection by your company, and no I was given no further chance to pay when you took my car, although my father paid the next day while it was sitting at auction only to find things had been stolen off my car?? And did you not once think to question LBLs requests, as if they felt they were totally legal and above board why would they seem to behave in such a shady manner...as if they were erm... loan sharks come to mind and you.. their under paid heavies??

Received a letter from LBL....Notice of Termination, so I called and asked how they are sending me a Notice of Termination when my solicitor already cancelled my agreements with them?

She played dumb quoting the usual spiel how I failed to comply with agreement and it is in arrears....

So I pointed out that.... three weeks ago a request for proof of information was request by myself, two weeks ago the same information was requested by my solicitor and yet again last week the same request for the same information, yet they have 12 days to comply and have failed to supply.

Along with the fact that the solicitor saw fit to cancel the agreements based on the fact that I have not been given my cancellation right,,,she said they are on the back of the agreement so I asked if this is the same agreement that the solicitor has found unenforceable on so many counts and not with standing the Bill of Sale.....She shut up.

In her defence when pushed on the letters she claimed she had not seen, today her response is she is in charge of the account but it is the manager who asked her to send the letters as normal...strange as the account is in dispute am I wrong in thinking when an account is in dispute especially legally that all action is supposed to be halted?

I advised her the letter has been forwarded to my solicitor and this contract she seems to keep telling me I signed I told her once my case reaches court and I win I will call her back and we can discuss how proud she is to work for a company that rips its customers off and takes items illegally with documents not work the paper they are written on.

The only thing to note is since I have dictated the new rules...i.e. I wont be bullied or harrassed and only I do the calling she has been more than nice on the phone compared to how she has tried to talk to me in the past.

Also....if an account is in dispute especially legal dispute....should they still be proceeding action on my account?

Spoken with the ICO and will have to correct the info OFT gave me as they have 20 working days to produce info and I requested this on the 25-April so I will issue my complaint with ICO on the 26th of May due to failure to provide evidence....lets see if they come up with those bills of sales b4 then.

Well I have now spoken with the FO who are now sending a letter to LBL while I have received this email today

Dear Ms xxxxxx,

Please be advised that I am now I receipt of your e-mails and correspondence from your solicitor. As requested I am happy to conduct any future correspondence through Stephensons. I will today be responding to their letter and forwarding copies of the consumer Credit Agreement and Bill of Sale as requested.

Yours sincerely,

Christopher De Bie

Professional Standards Officer

Log Book Loans Ltd

Tel: 020 8877 7091

Fax: 020 8877 6529

email: [email protected]

It's a few days since your last post, heard anything new? I too have my car in hidng, in fact swaped with a friend 70 miles away so hopefully this will deter them.

Just had a letter from the solicitor this morning who has advised me he has now had a reply from LBL who are attempting to cancel the agreement to withhold recovery action so I intend to call he next week and to ask him to look into another claim foe me also. I am hoping that as the contracts are deemed unenforceable that we can also try to pursue any money paid past the initial loan. I have had a letter back from the OFT & FO...and would suggest if you have not reported them to all the large players do it too, the more complaints the better I think, the FO's letter arrive within day's so I guess LBL got theirs too.

Just wanted to say I think you're doing really well. I've just read your thread from start to finish, and am delighted at the change from a tone of complete despair, to a confident woman who has been empowered to fight back.

Go get 'em girl! You're doing great.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just wanted to say I think you're doing really well. I've just read your thread from start to finish, and am delighted at the change from a tone of complete despair, to a confident woman who has been empowered to fight back.

Go get 'em girl! You're doing great.;)

Thank you, I feel so empowered and the change has been through going from not knowing what to do to finding others in the same position on here who are also fighting and knowing there is someone out there who is willing to also help me fight and advise me. At one point I was lost and now I am finding the strength and it has given me a great buzz, that I no longer have to feel trapped like a dear in headlights when LBL contact me now I am the one making demands on LBL . And since issuing the letter for harassment my mobile no longer rings persistently I can now breathe....I still feel anxious when it comes to my car but feel better as long as they cant get at it, but just knowing I have a leg to stand on and things are not as black an white because LBL say it is:).

Knowledge is power and we're all still learning. You can only take one step at a time, and it seems you already have some really positive outcomes if you feel less worried now. Well done.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes it is Caro, which is why I have been recommending this site both to the Student Union in order for students to find more info and also to all my friends who have been struggling with one thing or another I can truly recommend it!!