Frank 62 - v -Capital One

frank 62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello people

here is the letter i got today.

tks for writing to us again about the ppi that you still feel that you where

mis-sold;

as i,ve already explained . cap one ensures that or marketing material is clear and not misleading. ppi is opyional.

you had 30 days cooling off that you had to cancel'

this is our final responce in this matter.

you got the full policy which includes full terms and conditions,

so why shall i do now any help or link you can give me please thankyou

Have you sent a request under s78(1) of the CCA 1974 for a copy of the executed agreement for your card? If not, I would start with that.

Secondly, do you know if there are unlawful charges? If you don't know, send as SAR. If there are charges, you should reclaim them.

Send the SAR (they have 40days to reply) and you should at least get all your statements. From these you will be able to see if there are unlawful charges (eg for late payment, etc). You can htem start a claim to get them back. It is probably best to reclaim PPI at the same time.

The fact that hteir marketing material is clear is not the only consideration for PPI being mis-sold. It would have been mis-sold if your circumstances were such that you couldn't claim on it - for example if you were/are self-employed or on benefits.

There is still the possibility that it was mis-sold if your circumstances were such that you could never make use of the PPI - in particular, if you were self-employed or on benefits or, if you later tried to make a claim on it and were refused.