Cygnet Finance Again!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any advise,

I have been a customer of these sharks for 9 months and i know im not going to be able to pay this months payment by the end of the month.

If i dont pay the payment WHAT can they legally do if anything as i have a default notice every month as have been out of work for quite a while. Now i have read a couple of post regarding them and their totally shocking customer service which i agree with DIRE!!!!! springs to mind.

They cant just reposses the car can they???

Do they have to get a court order first??

Mind i will cut the car up into small peices and post it to them before thy get the chance to reposses it as i will still have to pay for it so i figure i may as well pay for it that way :) :)

Any other titbits i can use against them will be gratefully recived.

I am just bumping this to see if anyone can help :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any advise,

I have been a customer of these sharks for 9 months and i know im not going to be able to pay this months payment by the end of the month.

If i dont pay the payment WHAT can they legally do if anything as i have a default notice every month as have been out of work for quite a while. Now i have read a couple of post regarding them and their totally shocking customer service which i agree with DIRE!!!!! springs to mind.

They cant just reposses the car can they???

Do they have to get a court order first??

Mind i will cut the car up into small peices and post it to them before thy get the chance to reposses it as i will still have to pay for it so i figure i may as well pay for it that way :) :)

Any other titbits i can use against them will be gratefully recived.

Have a look at the first page of the forums under comments.....The Funding Company worst ever here you will find like minded people with similar problems. Cygnet Finance belongs to the Funding Corporation. Hope this helps. look forard to seing you on the TFC forum. There is 8 full pages about these morons.

Hi Muppet,

Indeed as Stitchcrazy has already said, Cygnet Finance belongs to The Funding Corporation.

When The Funding Corporation do not receive your payment on time they will automatically send you a default notice. On the notice it will tell you when you should make your payment by.

If after that date they will then take further action....... as to what action they will take will depend on what agreement you have with them. It could be one of the following and to advise you further i would need to know which it is?

1. HP agreement

2. Credit agreement secured by a Bill of Sale

Also did you take Personal Protection Insurance out with the agreement?

just a little tit bit. Because the car is on HP, it belongs to the Finance company. You only legally own it when you have paid for it!

Because you know it is on finance ( as you took it out), you could be arrested and charged for criminal damage if you knowingly damage/damaged the car....

Any and all comments made are my sole opinion. these do not in any way reflect the opinions of any other company ether associated with myself or others. :)

just a little tit bit. Because the car is on HP, it belongs to the Finance company. You only legally own it when you have paid for it!

Because you know it is on finance ( as you took it out), you could be arrested and charged for criminal damage if you knowingly damage/damaged the car....

And what a useful 'tit bit' that is!!! Thanks Robuck ;)

And what a useful 'tit bit' that is!!! Thanks Robuck ;)

Go onto the thread the funding corp the worst company ever. At least on that forum we are all in the same boat and support one another. You will find some interesting info about this company (TFC) who own cygnet finance. Sound advice would be if you can avoid them do so.

What a pity that robuck doesn't realise that some of us are not in debt either. Just unfortunate victims of this evil company (If thats what they think they are. I don't they shouldn't be allowed to have a business.

Go onto the thread the funding corp the worst company ever. At least on that forum we are all in the same boat and support one another. You will find some interesting info about this company (TFC) who own cygnet finance. Sound advice would be if you can avoid them do so.

What a pity that robuck doesn't realise that some of us are not in debt either. Just unfortunate victims of this evil company (If thats what they think they are. I don't they shouldn't be allowed to have a business.

Hi. Fortunately i am not involved with this finance company, but just wanted to thank Robuck for making a serious point re Muppet's comment (which i believe was made in jest!) about destroying the car. There may be others reading this thread who would not have considered the possible legal implications.

:)

Any news Muppet1971?