Capital One / Lowell + a question.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently I had a letter from Lowell for an alledged debt. CCA request is ready to be sent tomorrow when I have been to the post office and got a postal order. Thanks to months of lurking on this site I was well prepared when the letter came. (thanks to everyone on this site who has asked and answerd questions)

My question is about the £1.00 fee for the copy of the agreement. Is this fee for providing the copy of the agreement or for looking for it? If it is for providing the agreement, does that mean if they can't find one the fee should be repaid?

.....of course I may be wrong!:?

Hi

In my years of CCA requests, I have never sent in the £1.00. I have always just requested the CCA, nothing else.

This has worked for me, so far no one has sent me a CCA instead its been passed around, so I would sent off the CCA request without the £1.00

Worst case scenario they will ask for the £1.00

T

My question is about the £1.00 fee for the copy of the agreement. Is this fee for providing the copy of the agreement or for looking for it? If it is for providing the agreement, does that mean if they can't find one the fee should be repaid?

My take on this having had dealings with Lowell Financial in the past and by way of conversations with the Lead Officer from Tameside Trading Standards would be...

That the £1 is for complying with the request as made under the relevant section of the Consumer Credit Act, so if a company comes back with what information they do actually have (be it enforceable or not), or admit that they have no agreement, then they have complied with the request and provided the service. If like the likes of Cabot and others that play silly games.... they send the quid back anyway, and it's important to keep on top of them and re-send them the £1 fee back. Companies that claim (wrongly) that they don't have an obligation to provide the information haven't complied with the request.

My 2p for what it's worth.. :D