Help me understand this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: So much info but Im trying to read it all before I send in my claim to the Halifax. I've been with the Halifax for 18 years, I have a card cash account with no overdraft facilities, a isa, a savings account and a mortgage with them. Over the last 6 years I have been working all over the Uk and in Spain so can't get into the branch much to put in money, hence many charges for unpaid items. I would love to claim this back with your help.

Hi and welcome Donna, firstly you need to read the FAQs and the step by step instructions, and spend a couple of days reading some of the threads in here to aquaint yourself with the proceedure and what you are going to be up against

you will do just fine if you follow the guidelines and dont be afraid to ask for help if you need it

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

hi donna!

ive just started this process too, so good luck:) check out the faq's...the first thing to do is to request a copy of all your statements going back 6 years - they will charge you a fiver, and it may take a few weeks to come thru (im still waiting for mine).

then the process appears to be a straightforward 'step-by-step' thing, im sure the others on here will guide you thru it, and you will get the money back!!=

Hi

new to this all, been reading loads of the forum, but still getting copnfused. I have my statements for the last 6 years already, so do I just calculate the costs from them? I don't need to ask for more do I?Please help! Thanks

If you've already got your statements there's no reason not to work towards your first letter. Add up all the charges (there's a useful spreadsheet in the library - read the thread with it to find out how to use it) and send your prelim letter - no need for a DPA.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Hi Donna, the letter you need is here: Preliminary approach for payment. Please read the Step by Step Instructions again to make sure that you understand what you are doing. This will make it easier for you to progress your claim. :)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!