style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After some great advice on this forum, i cleared my Council Tax debt direct to the council and had account recalled, now to my not unexpected surprise i received two letter from them this morning, 1 telling me that i owe them 42.50 for fees even though i never had a bailiff visit, a 2nd thats been a sneaky Removal Notice backdated till the 28th March the date it was recalled, i have proof with receipts that last payment that cleared the account was made 26th March via internet which council have confirmed. (I paid within 14 days of getting first letter over this if this makes any difference)

Am i right in believing that they cannot charge me for letter fees alone which must be some amazing paper to cost me 42ish quid.

I believe this is unfair and underhanded, as anyone else experienced this, if so what did you do as i interested in hearing, before i decide my next course of action on this.

Many thxs

I would suggest that you rephrase your post so that it is not potentially libelious. I would also ask you to moderate your language.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.