UKCPS (Huddersfield)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, as you can see I'm new. I've seen a few people having a problem with this company and I am one of them.

I've recently got a ticket from UKCPS stating I was issued a ticket on March 10th for being parked @ a garage in Leeds.

To my despair they said that a ticket was stuck to my car windscreen that day. Now I cannot recall being at that certain car park on that day and I don't even know where it is and I definately didn't get a ticket or I would have seen it.

I tried calling them for about 1 hour today and eventually some akward person answered the phone out of breath. I explained to him I did not recieve a ticket on my windscreen or I would have paid the ticket by now. But he insisted I would have had one. I asked him also which car park I was in and he explained it, that it was on near a roundabout in Leeds.

I told him I didn't know where it was and he blatantly said I would have known where it is because I live in Leeds, (does it mean that wherever you live you know all your places) he then asked me how long I lived in Leeds, (Strange question to ask) I told him 2 years then again he said I should know where the roundabout is.

Again I refused to know where it is because I really don't know where it is. I started getting a bit hot headed, but not abusive ie swearing etc (usually in my nature but not today) telling the guy I honestly didn't know where it was and that he was putting words in my mouth as saying I knew where it was.

He then asked am I disputing the ticket I said yes and he said He will see me in court. He also said to me stop being abusive which I replied " Abusive??? I haven't even swore once how can I be abusive I bet you have had worse."

He then proceded that he will see me in court if I don't pay the fine, I said ok then thats fine, and he started to explain that if I put in a dispute with the payment then I wouldn't have to go to court, which at this time I just hung up on him.

Now where do I stand now??? The guy was so akward and I was getting really cheesed off with his attitude especially about me knowing where the car park was, when I really didn't.

RIP My Little Angel Callam, Still Born 30th October 2007. Mummy and Daddy Will Always Miss You. YNWA xXx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have not committed any offence and you’ve been ticketed by a private company whose tickets have no status unless a case is brought at the expense of the issuer in a civil court. Under no circumstances get involved in any so-called "appeals procedure".

The "charge" is alleged under contract law. Despite what they may call it, what you have is an "invoice" (a decidedly dodgy one at that) from a private parking company who allege you have breached their terms and conditions by failing to park in accordance with their rules. The ticket is not backed up by statute, unlike those issued by councils and police.

The “ticket” is virtually unenforceable and the truth is that the Parking Company will probably not even try to enforce it by legal action. Instead they will use debt collectors who will threaten references to credit agencies, personal visits by bailiffs and removal of property. These threats have no foundation. The reality is they would need to bring civil litigation in the county court against the driver and prove a breach of prominently displayed terms and conditions. They will go to the DVLA to identify the registered keeper of the vehicle but you have no responsibility to tell them who was driving (even if it was you) and enforcement can only take place against the driver. These cases are largely dealt with by threats and bluster rather than any real action on the basis that most people pay up to avoid hassle.

Don’t be a mug – stand firm don’t be bullied.

Thanks for that, I've jsut seen the templates for the letters, I will be using one to write back to them, will let you know how I get on.

RIP My Little Angel Callam, Still Born 30th October 2007. Mummy and Daddy Will Always Miss You. YNWA xXx

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved another letter from these people and the fine is getting bigger £135, when it was £96,. SHould I chose to ignore this letter as I did the previous one??? I was thinking of writing today to them denying the claim as I know I did not get a parking ticket on my car at all!!!

Please help anyone.

Just recieved another letter from these people and the fine is getting bigger £135, when it was £96,. SHould I chose to ignore this letter as I did the previous one??? I was thinking of writing today to them denying the claim as I know I did not get a parking ticket on my car at all!!!

Please help anyone.

Don't write. Don't play their game. You have an invoice for an alleged breach of contract. You've excercised your right to remain silent and not incriminate yourself.

The onus of proof is them. They have to prove your car was where they said it was and the alleged breach occurred. Then they have to find the driver. They also have to prove the amount involved is not a penalty charge and so on.

Please note you are not being fined. Only a court can impose a fine.

As has been pointed out this is an invoice for an alleged breach of contract. The remedy for breach of contract is damages and any increase in the amount claimed will be interest (normally set at 8% p.a.). The court would dismiss any further amount.

This is just another threatening letter from people who are trying to frighten and intimidate.

If you feel you want to do something write back using the template letters. Admit nothing and deny your liability. You are under NO legal obligation to help them or to incriminate yourself.

Stand firm and this lot will eventually go away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't write. Don't play their game. You have an invoice for an alleged breach of contract. You've excercised your right to remain silent and not incriminate yourself.

The onus of proof is them. They have to prove your car was where they said it was and the alleged breach occurred. Then they have to find the driver. They also have to prove the amount involved is not a penalty charge and so on.

Please note you are not being fined. Only a court can impose a fine.

As has been pointed out this is an invoice for an alleged breach of contract. The remedy for breach of contract is damages and any increase in the amount claimed will be interest (normally set at 8% p.a.). The court would dismiss any further amount.

This is just another threatening letter from people who are trying to frighten and intimidate.

If you feel you want to do something write back using the template letters. Admit nothing and deny your liability. You are under NO legal obligation to help them or to incriminate yourself.

Stand firm and this lot will eventually go away.

OK I think I should ignore it then tbh thanks!!! WIll let you know what is happening.

Guest Julian Fiddlepot

Beware of not saying who was driving. You could well be on the receiving end of a Norwich Pharmacal order, compelling you by law to reveal that information.

Beware of not saying who was driving. You could well be on the receiving end of a Norwich Pharmacal order, compelling you by law to reveal that information.

In the highly unlikely event that one is sought it will be responded to appropriately.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

In the highly unlikely event that one is sought it will be responded to appropriately.

A very funny legal fantasy by Mr Fiddlepot!

In the first case the (very large) costs for such an order have to be paid for by the claimant under all circumstances, not the defendant. It's only relevant to big cases involving tens of thousands of pounds.

Guest Julian Fiddlepot
A very funny legal fantasy by Mr Fiddlepot!

In the first case the (very large) costs for such an order have to be paid for by the claimant

....and eventually by the parking offender.

....and eventually by the parking offender.

Now you're being very silly :)

Here's the info anyway. In Car Park Manager Fantasy Land you would need to prove a cause of action against the registered keeper (eg. that he was a passenger perhaps?), and that the registered keeper won't be harmed in some way in providing this information (ie. his wife won't slap him round the chops for giving the game away).

Further the registered keeper would be entitled to ask that you pay his costs to defend the action. In the unlikely event that you are successful, you are thousands out of pocket without a chance of obtaining the cost from the "offender".

Norwich Pharmacal Co. v The Commissioners of Customs and Excise

In short, nobody has ever done this for parking, and noone ever will do it. Still it was an entertaining diversion.

SO does that mean I still ignore the letters??? Which I will do anyways, my father keep telling me to pay it or take it to a police station or across the path from us there's a police officer and show it to him, but i keep telling my father to ignore it don't worry, he just worries too much I think.

£75 +VAT as far as I'm aware.

What is £75+VAT??? You must be joking mate it is £135+VAT and £3 per day its not been paid

SO does that mean I still ignore the letters??? Which I will do anyways, my father keep telling me to pay it or take it to a police station or across the path from us there's a police officer and show it to him, but i keep telling my father to ignore it don't worry, he just worries too much I think.

Yes, ignore it. Tell your father it's a [problem]. And ignore Fiddlepot and his friends.

What is £75+VAT??? You must be joking mate it is £135+VAT and £3 per day its not been paid

The £3 per day is a fantasy. Even if it did reach court and by a miracle you lost you would pay the original amount claimed and some interest (8% p.a.) £158.62 * 8%=£12.69 £12.69/365 = £0.03 per day.

I'd suggest not feeding our PPC Troll. He doesn't need feeding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm starting to like Pi$$pot on here and Pepipoo.

It shows one thing - the PPCs are running so scared they CBA to even bother going to the trouble of showing court cases, just posting lies which is what they did before, so they are just cutting to the chase now.

£75 + VAT for the Norwich Pharmacal order. An expensive game of silence to play.

I note with interest that my question remains unanswered.

Exactly what criminal offence has been committed on private property for there to be an offender?

I note with interest that my question remains unanswered.

Exactly what criminal offence has been committed on private property for there to be an offender?

Still no answer???

Well I now looked for that date at work and I can confirm I was at work that day in Birmingham, so no matter what I wasn't there in Leeds!!! So if push comes to shove my boss will write a polite letter telling them I was working in Birmingham that day.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I've just had another letter from the claiming £201 now, this time saying they have written to me on 3 previous occasions. It says the amount is now serious overdue and excess charges continue to be added. Also that I am strongly advised to pay immediately (All in red and bold letters).

I will continue to ignore the letters, as I will be moving house soon so I will not be getting the letters again.